Mechanical Technician V
Employment Type: Full-Time
Epsilon Systems Solutions is seeking a contingent full time Mechanical Technician V in San Diego, CA.
Summary: This position will provide both classroom and shipboard practical maintenance training on VCHT, CHT, Welding, Brazing, AFFF, Valves, Valve Operators, HALON/HFP, Countermeasure Wash-down, Watertight Doors, Hatches, Scuttles on all classes of Surface ships within the Pacific Fleet operating area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists in conducting a systems-knowledge Pre-Test evaluation for assigned systems for Ships Force attending training.
* Assists in providing classroom training on theory and systems operation and maintenance practices and procedures.
* Assists in providing deck-plate practical training period (dependent on the ship class and system size) using live system operation and preventative maintenance actions as a training opportunity.
* Assists in conducting system knowledge Post-Test evaluation for the Ships Force personnel attending training.
* Assists ships force in performing necessary adjustments, repairs and testing to components and equipment IAW NAVSEA technical manuals guidance, ICMP, and PMS.
* Provides recommendations for correction of deficiencies.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum 12 years in the operations, repair, and maintenance of naval mechanical systems including Major HM&E Main Propulsion, Pumps, Valve and Valve Operators, LO Systems
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, diagrams, or other mechanical technical data pertaining to the construction and operation of naval equipment
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense confidential security clearance and base access
* Required to walk, stand, climb stairs, have dexterity as well as visual skills
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Epsilon Systems Solutions and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.