CNC and Conventional Industrial Plant Equipment Repair Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. is seeking a full time CNC and Conventional Industrial Plant Equipment Repair Technician (Engineering Technician IV) in San Diego, CA.
Job summary: This skilled journeyman level position shall independently maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair existing Industrial Plant Equipment (IPE) and install and test new IPE supporting the production shops belonging to our San Diego based customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assesses material condition, and perform preventative/planned and corrective/repair maintenance to Production Department IPE equipped with electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, to include the following equipment: blast enclosures, ovens, coating booths, air compressors, chemical stripping tanks, wash down booths, decontamination trailers, single rail mobility device/monorail systems, ventilation equipment, plural component paint systems, high pressure (HP) air fill stations, cylinder liner honing machines, welding machines, horizontal lathes, vertical turret lathes, horizontal boring machines, radial arm drills, drill presses, vertical and horizontal milling machines, bench grinders, ID and OD grinders, surface grinders, jig boring machines, hones, parts washing equipment, finger breaks, sheet metal sheers, and CNC mills, lathes, and water jet abrasive cutting machines.
* Observes and tests the operation of equipment in order to troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions using voltmeters and various testing and diagnostic equipment.
* Analyzes test results, machine error codes/messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems.
* Repairs and replaces damaged and broken equipment components.
* Performs post-repair testing to ensure proper operation.
* Operates electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment, including test equipment, in the performance of duties.
* Evaluates and analyzes the operational condition of machinery and equipment to ensure reliable, efficient, and safe operation.
* Assists with the installation and removal of shop equipment and components.
* Contacts equipment manufacturers to obtain additional information regarding equipment operation, troubleshooting, and repair, when required.
* Maintains the following equipment/components in good working condition: abrasive blast nozzles, powder coating guns, pneumatic hand grinders and sanders, pyrometers, thickness gauges, holiday detectors, tag machines, automatic embossing machines, power floor sweepers, and power floor scrubbers.
* Provides regular equipment status updates to PLSs and PFMs on a monthly basis and when statuses change.
* Provides thorough maintenance reporting and documentation, and parts inventory.
* Submits equipment repair trouble calls to SWRMC Facilities Division, and assist with resolution and tracking.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 4 years industrial equipment maintenance experience
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD clearance
* Ability to work all shifts including weekend work
* Ability to maintain a valid drivers license
* Knowledge of CNC machine design and operation
* Knowledge and experience with electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic test equipment
* Proficient in researching, reading, and following equipment technical manuals, blueprints, drawings, parts manuals, electrical and mechanical schematics, assembly instructions and troubleshooting guides.
* Experience or expertise in technical areas
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Team player and highly self-motivated
* Completion of a Trade Certificate or an Apprenticeship Program
* Work is accomplished in which parts of systems worked on, are in hard to reach places requiring the need to stand, stoop, bend, kneel and climb
* Performs physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
* Uses hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
* Requires walking, standing, climbing stairs, visual skills, manual dexterity
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
* Ability to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairway (onboard ships)
* Noisy conditions & Industrial work environment
* Requires walking, reaching, sitting and concentration in the presence of occasional noise
* Ability to wear and work while wearing a face mask
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.