Auxiliaries and Pollution Abatement Systems Engineering Technician V
Employment Type: Full-Time
Epsilon Systems Partners is seeking a contingent full Auxiliaries and Pollution Abatement Systems Engineering Technician V in San Diego, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide troubleshooting, repair, assessment, and testing of U.S. Navy ships freshwater production and pollution abatement equipment.
* Provide engineering support for the following systems: Oil Pollution Abatement (OPA), Oil Waste Separators (OWS), Oil Content Monitors (OCM), Reverse Osmosis (RO) Distilling Plant, Sewage Collection, Holding and Transfer (CHT), Sewage Vacuum Collection, Holding and Transfer (VCHT), Evaporative toilet system (e.g. GATX), Potable Water system, Electric Cooling Water (ECW), Shredders, Plastic Waste Processor (PWP), Metal/Glass Shredder (MGS), Large and Small Waste Pulpers.
* Provide On-Site (OS) and Distance Support (DS) technical assistance for ship HM&E related equipment casualties and repairs.
* Provide support of mechanical and electrical components and equipment, electrical/electronic control, detection, alarm sensing, indicating, and monitoring systems and associated equipment.
* Provide assistance, training and technical subject matter expertise in auxiliaries and pollution abatement systems maintenance and repairs to ships force military personnel during FTA, TSRA, INSURV, TMI assessments, and CMO events.
* Recommend corrective repair actions using root cause analysis.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Four (4) years experience with pollution abatement and freshwater systems and diagnostics and repairs
* Independently or leading a team accomplishing formal
material condition assessments (Ex. TSRA, ICMP, INSURV or similar) of
U.S. Navy ships systems.
* Ability to interpret naval engineering drawings and piping
* Must be proficient in MS Office
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
* Oil Pollution Abatement (OPA) Inspector Certification
* Requires walking, reaching, sitting and concentration in the presence of occasional noise
* Ability to lift, carry and move objects up to 50 lbs. in weight
* Ability to work in office, warehouse, laboratory, pier side, and shipboard locations.
* Noise conditions range from very quiet to loud, hearing protection may be required at times.
* May ride ships at sea for extended periods.
* May require wearing a respirator
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.