Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you up to the challenge? At ePlus, we engineer transformative technology solutions for the most visionary companies in the world. This takes imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their visions. Our partnerships with leading edge technology manufacturers-many of which look to us for their own technology infrastructure needs-keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of the IT ecosystem.
As a Business Analyst, you will utilize business skills and your understanding of business operations to interface with stakeholders within the business t to document solutions for applications and processes.
From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
* SDLC Project Management - Have knowledge of the software development process from requirements through delivery to production. Work with implementation team to deliver to customer expectations. Thoroughly document and communicate all project risks to project team.
* Software Analysis - Define requirements and evaluate existing functionality details to understand current system and future needs. Recognize and recommend to the business areas where efficiencies can be gained by altering the process or automating the process.
* Software Review and Testing - Perform QA to ensure thorough unit/system testing before hand-off for acceptance testing. Includes development and execution of test plans/cases.
* Support - Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
* Documentation - Produce user/operational documentation for the system as well as release notes.
* Change Management - Ensure project compliance to ePlus Change Management process. Coordinate the resolution of software defects as part of the QA and Change Management process. Review and plan upcoming releases, communicate to the business.
* Communication - Ensure all stakeholders are communicated with in a timely and consistent manner. Elicit requirements from the business to use to produce the scope and requirements.
The IT Business Analyst will possess the following characteristics:
* Excellent attention to detail. Ability to multi-task. Strong follow-up skills
* Excellent analysis skills, including the ability to document and illustrate modeling concepts
* Some knowledge of IT and full software development lifecycle
* Some knowledge and experience with software testing and quality assurance
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Adept in use of MS Office, Visio, Project, internet, and e-mail
* Willingness to travel as needed (10%-20% travel per month may occasionally be required)
* Willingness to perform keyboard intensive work 90% of the time
Your Corporate Responsibilities:
Internal Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change. Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis
* Handle confidential matters and information professionally
* Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner
* Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field is preferred
* Certifications are a plus, but not required
* 1-3 years of experience performing business analysis
Physical Requirements of Position:
Ability of finger dexterity to be used primarily to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects or pinching fingers together. Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and / or fingers. Speech ability must be at a level where one must convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly. Hearing ability must be at a level to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Visual ability must be average with ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery. Physical strength for sedentary work with sitting most of the time. May have to exert or lift up to 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally and active work that could include climbing a ladder and using power tools.
ePlus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ePlus promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.