UX Designer - Rocket League
Employment Type: Full-Time
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
Psyonix is seeking a User Experience Designer with a passion for diving into problem spaces and collaboratively solving them with fellow designers, engineers, and artists. We believe that User Experience is at the leading edge of game development and sustainability and that the strongest ideas are the ones worth advocating for. On Rocket League, your task will be to come up with creative solutions that both inspire and push the boundaries of what can be done. As a User Experience Designer, working with prototypes, whiteboards, mockups, and demos will be second nature and your 'go-to' in your tool belt to communicate ideas and concepts.
In This Role You Will
* Work with engineers, designers, and production to flesh out ideas and concepts
* Create robust layouts and flows that stand up to rigorous testing and feedback
* Someone who evaluates their process and changes/enhances it when necessary
* Creatively utilize whatever tools and materials available to communicate ideas and prototypes
* Help to drive features development and use feedback to improve or pivot designs
* Work to improve systems, designs, and processes
* Identify and address community, game, and company needs
* Use data as a resource for how our players play our games
* Advocate for goals and UX problem resolution between teams
* Work collaboratively across multiple teams to create consistency
What We're Looking For
* 3+ years of professional UX design experience
* Skilled in modern design tools, such as Sketch, Adobe XD, and Principle
* Online portfolio demonstrating user-centered design solutions with strong interaction design that includes websites, games, and mobile apps
* Strong listening and communication skills
* An aptitude for user empathy and compassion
* Experience working with design systems
* Passion for problem-solving
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be part of something Epic!