Employment Type: Full-Time
Great that you're thinking about a career with BSI!
About the role:
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Auditor will be responsible for delivering BSI's audit services to assigned clients in accordance with all BSI, scheme and regulatory requirements to assure timely, cost effective service delivery that assures satisfaction of our customer needs.
EHS Auditor Responsibilities:
* Manage a portfolio of assigned clients based on location and a match of qualifications and client contract requirements.
* Responsible for contacting clients and scheduling the visits, planning the assessments, making travel plans, conducting the assessments and reporting and managing the results.
* Monitor the client accounts to ensure that records, visit cycle, invoicing and other related matters are properly dealt with to assure client satisfaction is maintained.
* Lead teams, mentor and coach new or inexperienced colleagues as needed to meet the business needs.
* Adhere to the training plan developed by the Assistant Vice President in order to reach assessor status and then Lead Assessor status through the proscribed program (based on the knowledge, skills and experience they have as well as the requirements of the appropriate schemes).
* Participate in additional training based on future business needs.
* Any other assignments as needed to meet assessment delivery business objectives.
* Associate Degree or equivalent work experience/certification
* Third party audit experience in ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, RC14001 and RCMS
* Generic knowledge of management system auditing practices
* Knowledge of general office practices, information systems, documentation systems, and technology including computers
* Knowledge of the specific products and processes and organizational structure of the client
* Knowledge of the outcomes of prior audit activities of the client
* Knowledge of competences of the audit team members for the client
* Can demonstrate passion for the business and can inspire others
This is a remote position based in California
What we offer:
BSI offers a competitive salary, group-sponsored health and dental, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, company paid life insurance, 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time off.
Our Excellence Behaviours: Client-centric, Agile, Collaborative. These three behaviours represent how we do things at BSI. They help us ensure that BSI is a great place to work and a highly successful business.
BSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity.
BSI is conducting face-to-face interviews where appropriate and possible. If you are invited to a face-to-face interview but feel more comfortable with conducting the interview virtually, please speak to a member of our recruitment team.