Communications Manager, Content
Employment Type: Full-Time
Audacy is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented Communications Manager, Content, a Rolodex of news, sports, and entertainment media contacts to join our growing team.
The ideal candidate is creative, quick-thinking, and resourceful, with previous experience promoting exclusive, original editorial content and the company's brand to external media outlets. Utilizes fast-paced content sharing tactics, while recognizing the value of personal pitching, to drive distribution and media coverage of our exclusive content. You thrive in an open team environment, working closely with content producers, and have a knack for identifying content that has potential for pickup. You are passionate about building a brand and are consistently looking for opportunities to amplify the Audacy Network across National, Regional and Local levels.
* Work closely with Sr. Manager, Content Promotions, Managing Editors, central editorial teams, and local content producers to identify unique content created across our 235+ radio stations and O&O podcasts.
* Strategically promote RADIO.COM content to outside media to drive new users and listeners back to RADIO.COM, as well as drive user and listener growth across the RADIO.COM platform through awareness, traffic and new audiences from exclusives and breaking news content.
* Develop and maintain strong industry contacts to promote exclusive content and original programming.
* Track placements and provide updates on shared content.
* Work with Audacy Video team to determine best clips from interviews to promote.
* Work with Audacy Social Media team to grow relationships with journalists, promote published content, and be the social media source for interviews.
* Work with local Digital Content Producers and Brand Managers to determine workflow and best practices to promote their content.
* Work with Sr. Manager, Content Promotions to track guest appearances, virtual and live events, and podcast episodes.
* News doesn't stop at 5 p.m.; occasional evening and weekend work is required to promote content.
* A Bachelor's Degree is required
* A minimum of 5 years of experience is required, preferably working in content promotions or editorial at a media company.
* Relationships with National, Regional and Local media across News, Sports, Entertainment, and Music.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize content pitching.
* Basic MS Office skills are required.