Employment Type: Full-Time
**EnsembleIQ** is a premier business intelligence resource that exists to help people and their organizations succeed. We’re most especially focused on our leading position in serving the U.S. grocery, drug and convenience retailers, and consumer brand customer engagement and technology marketplaces. EnsembleIQ’s suite of offerings includes unrivaled cross-channel platforms encompassing digital and print media, industry forums and councils, invaluable marketplace databases, high-performing events and proprietary research on consumers, shoppers and retailers.
**The Path to Purchase Institute** specifically serves the needs of brand manufacturers, retailers, agencies and all types of solution providers along the path to purchase. We champion shopper-centric thinking and practices that help define the ongoing evolution of consumer marketing and the overall shopping experience.
**ABOUT THE ROLE:**
Working within the consumer goods technology and retail marketing industries you’ll compile and summarize information from multiple sources to create and maintain detailed profiles on the top retailers in North America.
Reporting to the Director of Member Content, you will be the de facto warden of the retailer profiles, tasked with ensuring their integrity at all times. A key source of information for Path to Purchase Institute members, the retailer profiles can be best explained as living encyclopedic entries that require constant tending to reflect the ever-changing retail landscape, encompassing a wide breath of content ranging from a retailer’s marketplace position and strategy, to store formats and merchandising tactics, to loyalty programs and cause marketing initiatives, to e-commerce capabilities and media opportunities.
You’ll keep a pulse on all industry news and relevant data related to all the retailers, working independently and utilizing your critical thinking skills to consistently update profiles with emerging information in a timely manner, maintaining a fast pace as well as a high standard of excellence in work product and research practices. You will also lean on your fact-finding skills to actively seek out new sources of difficult-to-find information. Throughout, you will maintain a special focus on brand engagement opportunities at each retailer that will come across within the retailer profiles.
- Ensure 30+ retailer profiles are complete and up to date at all times, incorporating the latest available information with the utmost accuracy
- Collect, analyze and incorporate into the retailer profiles data from various sources, including publicly available financial filings, webinars and detailed reports, information from proprietary content partners, internal databases, and direct contact with industry partners
- Identify and execute opportunities to present certain information within the profiles in a more streamlined and digestible manners, including infographics, charts, tables, etc. as appropriate
- Translate information into a clear, concise and organized manner, incorporating text as well as charts, tables and infographics as appropriate
- Regularly review profile content for technical errors, such as clarity, grammatical issues, accuracy of facts and word usage
- Periodically create new retailer profiles and contribute to projects requiring specific retailer information, as needed
### **Job requirements**
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Creative Writing and technical experience in a related field
- 1+ years of experience with data collection and internet-based journalistic research
- Experience in B2B writing and demonstrated interest in business reporting
- Outstanding research and communication skills
- Ability to leverage research skills and other creative and exhaustive practices to surface information that is vital to our retailer profiles
- Excellent English comprehension and writing skills
- A basic understanding of HTML, Excel and Photoshop
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to accurately incorporate findings into existing content
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Ability to travel occasionally, when safe to do so.
_EnsembleIQ is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion. We provide accommodations at all stages of recruitment and employment in accordance with Human Rights and accommodation legislation upon request._