Safety, Health and Environment Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Safety, Health and Environment Manager
EMCOR Government Services (EGS) provides full spectrum facility services to public and private sectors of nearly every market. Our people have the optimal blend of capabilities and technical expertise to help clients achieve the highest levels of performance. EGS is anticipating significant growth in the Western Region and is seeking a Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) Manager to be based in California.
EMCOR Group, Inc. takes great pride in its industry leading safety and environmental records. The successful candidate will have to embrace and live the EMCOR culture that places people first with a commitment to safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides SHE technical and programmatic support to ensure compliance with all corporate policies, government (federal, state and local) regulations, and customer requirements.
* Directly reports to a site-based Project Manager. Has an indirect reporting line to EGS Corporate Office in terms of maintaining integrity of compliance reporting.
* Works with EGS Corporate Leadership to augment SHE capabilities (i.e. Corporate Reachback) as needed.
* Establishes facility SHE strategies, policies, and plans designed to ensure the highest level of safety, health and environmental protection.
* Communicates and coordinates SHE objectives across the team.
* Develops and implements code compliant standards, rules, and procedures aligned with customer objectives, operations and maintenance concepts.
* Conducts audits and analyses and subsequently defines and recommends requirements to mitigate degrading conditions that affect safety, health, and the environment.
* Evaluates changes to field operations procedures to ensure that new procedures and/or modified procedures do not affect safety, health, and the environment.
* Evaluates changes to facilities, facility systems, and technologies to ensure compliance with standards and regulations.
* Monitors facility and services metrics, identifying and evaluating emerging issues that may have Safety, Health or Environmental impacts.
* Maintain safety documentation and required recordkeeping in compliance with corporate policy, customer requirements, and government regulations.
* Assists operations with analysis, development and implementation of action plans.
* Monitors hazards and makes recommendations for incident prevention to leadership.
* Take the lead with the investigation of all injuries or incidents. This includes reviews of all incident reports for completeness and to identify and implement corrective actions.
* Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and direct reports.
* Evaluate subcontractors, vendors and their products to ensure they meet our standards and new products do not compromise safety, health, and environmental compliance.
* A Bachelor of Science /Administration in Industrial Hygiene / Occupational Safety
* 10 or more years' experience in Facilities Management providing tailored safety, health, and environmental management support.
* Working knowledge of federal, California (CALOSHA), and local safety, health, and environmental regulations.
* Experienced in using tools and technologies to develop SHE solutions, conduct assessments, and to maintain site specific safety plans.
* Must have excellent interpersonal, management, communication, writing, and organizational skills.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran / Disabled