Licensed Vocational Nurse or Psychiatric Technician
Employment Type: Part-Time
Who are we looking for? YOU. We want team members that operate with integrity, are reliable, enjoy doing a good job and get excited about impacting the lives of others.
Who are we? We are Elwyn. We are the leader in education, treatment, and support services to children and adults with autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and related behavioral health challenges.
What do we offer? We offer excellent health/wellness benefits, generous time-off, paid training, retirement benefits, career growth and a safe work environment (PPE).
We're seeking a Licensed Staff (Licensed Vocational Nurse/LVN or Licensed Psychiatric Technician/LPT) to work with our team in a residential group homes.
What will you do?
* Perform general nursing procedures, behavior management, direct care and training as dictated by the individuals' health and behavioral care needs.
* Performs nursing procedures as authorized within the scope of practice.
* Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team and contributes to the development of the Individual Support Plan.
* The LVN/LPT may function as lead staff on the shift and may oversee DSPs and/or CNAs.
* Responsible for providing active programming at all times
What do you need to do this job?
* Possess and maintain a valid, active license from the State of California to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
* Minimum 1 year experience with Human Services field preferred.
* High School diploma
* Valid California driver license
* Successful completion of pre-employment physical and drug screen, including current TB
* Successful completion of DOJ and FBI background check
* Successful completion of all trainings as required by applicable regulations, including, but not limited to, DSP1 and DSP2.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwyn California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Elwyn California Mission Statement
Maximizing potential through personal commitment, collective talents and innovation, Elwyn California supports individuals with diverse challenges in shaping distinctive, meaningful lives.
Elwyn California Residential Programs
Elwyn California provides care for people with Developmental Disabilities and skilled nursing needs via a sophisticated, state of the art, alternative model of care. People live in single family homes, with individual bedrooms and all the typical 'home-like' amenities, as opposed to having to live in larger congregate hospital-like settings.
Likewise, our employees enjoy a smaller, more personal and home-like working environment, as well as the opportunity to provide a very high level of quality care based upon the smaller number of residents (typically 4-5 per home) and the high staff to resident ratio.