Employment Type: Full-Time
Elementis offers performance-driven additives that help create innovative formulations for consumer and industrial markets, including Personal Care, Coatings, Chromium, Energy and Talc. Finding opportunities to enhance our customers' performance is at the heart of what we do-and has been for more than 175 years. We own unique raw materials, including the only high-grade hectorite mine in the world, and a leading source of high-purity talc. With our advanced technical solutions, we transform those materials to become innovative, performance-enhancing products for our customers. Elementis is a UK-listed global specialty chemicals company with operations worldwide and employs over 1,300 people at more than 30 locations worldwide.
Job Description Summary
Servicemen are industrial electricians who also do mechanical repairs and welding
Serviceman/Mechanic A Job Description
The Newberry Springs plant has one (1) opening for a Serviceman, depending on the qualifications of the candidate.
Mechanic A Major Job Functions:
* Inspect, troubleshoot, repair, construct and install heavy industrial processing equipment, including but not limited to pumps, gear reducers, conveyors, centrifuges, tanks, valves, wet and dry screens, baghouses, dryers, and mobile equipment.
* Fabrication of metal components using arc, TIG, and MIG welding, oxy/acetylene torch, grinders, saws, etc.
* Perform daily and other routine maintenance on industrial processing and mining equipment including but not limited to inspections, lubrication, replacement of worn parts, troubleshooting.
* Document daily work on written work orders, time sheets, inspection forms, and work permits.
* Take responsibility for your own safety and work safely to achieve zero lost time accidents, zero reportable accidents and zero environmental incidents.
Serviceman Major Job Functions: In addition to the above qualifications for Mechanic A,
* Have knowledge of and perform electrical work (less than 600 Volts) in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws, and pertinent consensus standards, including but not limited to the National Electrical Code (NFPA70 or NEC), NFPA70E Electrical Safety, MSHA regulations, OSHA regulations, CalOSHA regulations.
* Inspect, troubleshoot, repair, construct and install electrical equipment, devices, and instruments in an automated industrial manufacturing facility, and an open mine with related equipment and buildings, including, motors, instruments, wiring, conduit, switches and breakers, motor control centers, control wiring, flame safety systems, and mobile equipment.
* Inspect, troubleshoot, repair, construct and install automation equipment including instruments, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), mounting racks, remote input/output (i/o) bases, cards, and associated computers, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI's), and ethernet cabling and devices.
Additional Job Description
Required Education and Experience:
* Mechanic A candidates must have at least 5 years work experience in industrial maintenance.
* For both Serviceman and Mechanic A candidates, the ability to weld using arc, TIG, and MIG welders is required.Formal training in welding and metal fabricating is preferred.
* Serviceman candidates must pass the Serviceman written test with a score of at least 70%.
* Serviceman candidates must have at least 2 years work experience as an industrial electrician or electronics technician.Formal training as an industrial electrician is preferred.
Required Skills and abilities:
* Be available to work overtime, weekends, off shifts and call outs when necessary.
* Must be able to sit, stand for long periods of time, climb ladders and stairs, work with arms overhead and lift up to 50 lbs during the course of the day.
Elementis is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on a basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accomodations@elementis.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application status. EEOC Poster