Programmer II - AV
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Electrosonic we're on a mission. A mission to design, build, and support innovative technology solutions that create lasting experiences for people to live, work, and play. We're looking for passionate, dedicated game changers to join our team and drive the future of Electrosonic. Think you have what it takes? Read on...
* Do you enjoy being in the field and solving problems in real time?
* Are you confident in your communication skills?
* Do you thrive on being part of a team to drive AV solutions?
If you have answered 'yes' to these questions, please keep reading to hear more about an exciting new opportunity at Electrosonic Inc.
With a position at Electrosonic Inc, you join a team that provides cutting-edge solutions for world-class projects. Electrosonic is made up of passionate, super-smart, energetic people, who will challenge and inspire you every day. Do you want to be part of something exciting and unique? Then please join us.
Electrosonic Inc. is looking for a Programmer II located in the Livermore, CA Area who reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
To be successful in this position you will: Perform Audio, Video and Control engineering functions and/or system programming as required to support the sales, design, installation and delivery of custom audio video systems.
You will work in collaboration with the Project Manager to ensure that the contracted scopes of work are performed to the highest possible standards of quality and conform to defined performance requirements. You will also work closely with the fabrication and installation staff to ensure system designs are correctly implemented. It is expected that you will also maintain open lines of communication both within the company and with the client and other contractors.
What you will be doing?
* Take ownership of Post-Sales programming to meet intended system functionality.
* Program Audiovisual systems of various types to ensure they function as designed in a reliable manner, and meet client expectation (Audio DSP, Control Systems, AV Networks, Video Projection, etc.).
* Produce necessary documentation to meet deliverable expectations related to the configuration and operation of Audiovisual systems.
* Able to attend in client meetings to understand deliverable requirements and intended system functionality.
* Travel as required for the programming, documentation and training related to the deployment of these systems.
* Test systems during fabrication and in field installation stages to verify proper operation of equipment and system design.
* Respond to client requests for modifications and additions to systems. Coordinate with the Project Manager and Project Engineer to ensure modifications are tracked and appropriate change orders are generated and executed.
* Work with fabrication to ensure that systems are built to specification in a timely and efficient manner.
* Capable of leading technical client system training for client stakeholders and ESI Service team.
* Work to maintain knowledge of current product lines for various manufacturers.
* Aide the Project Management team in the development of project plans and milestones.
* Coordinate with Project Engineers to understand the intended functionality and capability of the system as designed.
* Execute project plans within the time constraints specified while adhering to quality standards.
* Provide other support to ensure ESI operates up to standards on a daily basis.
* Maintain proper safety practices in accordance with OSHA, Site safety requirements, and/or ESI Standards.
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
* Promotes ESI to best of his/her ability.
* Takes direction from Supervisors and Project Leads.
* Displays professional attitude in a team environment.
* Follows protocol for client communication.
* Submit deliverables to Team Lead for Review and Deliverable Milestones
* Ability to successfully Program all aspects of an Audiovisual installation.
* Understanding of AV signal flow.
* General understanding of various system types (DSP, controllers, network switches, displays, and how they interconnect).
* Ability to create and communicate simple SOW.
* Proficiency with terminating connections (RJ-45, XLR, DB9, Terminals, etc).
* Read and understand Drawings and Bill of Materials.
* Proficiency in a specialty related to the Audiovisual industry.
* Ability to bring projects to successful completion.
* Strong troubleshooting and fault-finding skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* AVIXA CTS-I / CTS-D Certification or ability to obtain within 90-days of hire.
* OSHA 10-hour Certification.
* Crestron Certified Programmer
* Harman Control Certified Professional
* Extron Control Programming Professional
* Medialon Programming, Advanced Programming
* Alcorn McBride Programming
* QSC Q-Sys Level 2, Q-Sys Control 201
* Biamp Tesira Server
* Cisco CCNA, CCENT
* CompTIA Network+
* Audinate Dante Level 3
What experience & qualifications are required?
* 3+ years of AV Programming experience.
* Experience in Creston, Harmon Control, Extron, Alcorn McBride, Biamp, QSC Q-Sys, Audinate Dante, & 7thSense (a plus) software / hardware platforms.
* Proficiency with computers and standard office programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
* Ability to travel 40%.
* Degree (or equivalent experience) in a related field.
Electrosonic is an international audiovisual and technology services company that designs, builds, and supports innovative solutions creating lasting experiences where people live, work and play.
Founded in 1964, Electrosonic has been recognized for its superior and unsurpassed technology master planning and system integration. With unique global capability, we deliver highly complex world-class projects, conference room technology, and executive briefing centers across a multitude of sectors including financial services, professional business, entertainment - theme parks, museums and visitor centers, gaming and hospitality, technology and media, energy and utilities.
Electrosonic provides a comprehensive scope of technical and professional services with expertise in ICT and Network Infrastructure, Security, Surveillance and Access Control, Audio, Video and Control Systems, Acoustics.
Electrosonic is where imagination comes to life.