Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Ekman Associates, Inc. is a Southern California based company focused on the following services: Management Consulting, Professional Staffing Solutions, Executive Recruiting and Managed Services.
Software Engineer will help create great web-based products. The ideal candidate will build and maintain the CMS, API(s) and server side code that entertain millions of pop culture fans every day across desktop, mobile, tablet, and emerging platforms.
- Software Engineering
- Web development experience using Java and Spring Boot.
- Experience with database technologies including MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, and DynamoDB.
- Develop and maintain new and existing features and products for all digital platforms
- Participate in code reviews and collaborative pair programming to create and ship the highest possible quality of digital products
- Contribute to the learning and adoption of best practices and tools for modern web application development
- Participate in gathering technical requirements and defining the best approaches for new product development
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years of web development experience using Java and Spring Boot.
- 3+ years of experience with database technologies including MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, and DynamoDB.
- 1-2 years of experience w/ NodeJS.
- Experience with caching technologies such as Redis and Varnish.
- Experience with templating technologies such as handlebars or JSPs.
- Rich understanding of RESTful based services
- Knowledge of AWS including knowledge of EC2, S3, SNS and Lambda
- Good written and verbal communication skills in person, team chat, email and meetings
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and methodologies such as jUNit, Mockito, and Jest
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with serverless technologies such as Lambda.
- Understanding of object-oriented design patterns. (With a focus on the Gang of Four design patterns)
- Web development experience. (React a plus)
- Comfort with the Atlassian suite of products such as JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, and Bamboo
- An appreciation of the importance of good documentation in code comments, git commits, and wikis / knowledge bases
- The ability to deliver high quality, self-tested code as well as taking QA feedback and executing corrections autonomously with minimum number of round trips
- Desire to both learn and teach new concepts as part of a team
- Experience working on a product-oriented team developing and maintaining a suite of digital products for the long-term
Qualified Candidates Only: If you wish to learn more about this opportunity and additional qualifications/responsibilities, please submit your resume. To learn more about Ekman Associates, Inc. please visit our website at www.ekmanassociates.com.