Scheduler-Surgery - Surgery Scheduling
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
* Schedules surgeries/procedures across multiple departments and interacts with surgeon's offices to provide timely, efficient and customer friendly service. Accurately captures the need for other scheduled services or needs associated with the scheduled case and communicates to surgery. Case updates surgical and procedural cases accurately, capturing all clinical data points and personnel and all supplies for accurate billing.
* Reports to
* Surgery Scheduling Manager
* Ages of Patients
* Blood Borne Pathogens
* Minimal/ No Potential
* Preferred: Associate Degree or Diploma in Medical Office
* Required: One year of customer service in medical field
* Preferred: Scheduling experience
* Essential Responsibilities
* Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
* Schedules procedures for each department: Main OR, SDS, Cath Lab, EP Lab, IRL, and Special Procedures.
* Audits patient charts for completeness/accuracy, before case update can be completed.
* Releases daily schedules after reviewing for accuracy.
* Acts as Revenue Custodian by accurately completing and processing case updates, procedures and supply charges for all departments.
* Reviews paper charge sheet from procedure.
* Adds/Deletes supplies used in HSM documentation system as necessary per procedure.
* Completes work with minimal errors.
* Schedules accurately to prevent operative delays and case cancellations.
* Organizes work time in order to complete tasks in assigned timeframe.
* Demonstrates priority setting, decision-making and problem solving.
* Schedules interviews for appropriate departments prior to intervention/surgery.
* Processes customer communication, positive and negative, by means of receiving calls, meeting with customers, data input, written/verbal communication, problem delegation/resolution, process improvement, statistical reporting and presentation.
* Captures physician requests for scheduling and attempts to satisfy request within 72 hours.
* Able to resolve problems/issues or find someone who can.
* Keeps the Surgery Scheduling Manager apprised of issues/problems in a timely manner.