RN-Practice Manager - Employee Health
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
* The Employee Health RN Practice Manager coordinates the various aspects of the Employee Health program collaborating with organizational units, departments, clinics, and programs for Eisenhower Health. Serving as a liaison and consultant to departments on employee health matters and services, this individual assists leaders and team members to resolve all employee health matters. Core job functions include the development and provision of employee and supervisory training programs including the production of materials for assigned program areas. They have the responsibility for development and monitoring of systems to transmit employee health results and information, and monitoring systems for statistical and regulatory compliance purposes. They monitor contract program service providers and students making staffing recommendations and evaluating providers and services. They plan, develop, and implement employee health program policies and procedures that provide new employees with a health history, physical exam and required tests and monitor and maintain annual required physicals and tests for all employees
* Reports to
* Employee Health Director
* Clinical RN
* LVN Office Coordinator and LVN
* Ages of Patients
* Blood Borne Pathogens
* Moderate Potential
* Required: BSN or MSN, if hired after July 1, 2016; Enrolled in an RN-BSN or RN-MSN program within one (1) year of hire and completion within five (5) years of hire, if hired before July 1, 2016
* Required: CA RN license, American Heart Association BLS
* Required: 3+ years RN experience which includes acute care settings
* Preferred: 3+ years of management experience; Management or Supervisory experience in Ambulatory Care Clinic or applicable clinic setting
* Essential Responsibilities
* Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
* Works cooperatively with the Employee Health Physician Director and Infection Control Nurses & Program Manager on effective clinic operations. Ensures that staff consistently provides high quality patient care and/or other support services that are valued by patients, physicians and each other.
* Provides managerial responsibilities such as personnel counseling, recruitment, and general performance reviews for these people including day-to-day disciplinary needs, consistent with Human Resources management practices.
* Facilitates the whole health care rendering process for employees including treatment and referrals, from entry to return-to-duty.
* Participates and prepares the department for any exposure tracing, documentation and necessary follow up related to employee health operations, as well as emergency management/ pandemic events.
* Serves as a permanent member of the Safety Committee and the Infection Control Committee.
* Under direction of EH Director, plans, prepares, implements, monitors and controls the budget to ensure sound fiscal management consistent with the goals of the hospital.
* Adopts a total performance improvement approach to work that includes employee empowerment, managing with data, a philosophy of continuous improvement, a customer oriented attitude and a work methodology that minimizes error. This includes developing and maintaining quality-monitoring systems in area(s) of responsibility.
* Implements operational changes to satisfy regulatory (local, state, national) requirements and maintains area of responsibility in a state of continual readiness for Joint Commission and CDPH surveys. Compliant with TJC standards and state/federal regulatory requirements and with EMC policies and procedures.
* Implements policies, procedures, and directives as appropriate.
* Review and revise policies and procedures on at least an annual basis.
* Develops and maintains open, honest and mutually beneficial relationships with, managers, staff, members of hospital leadership team, medical staff, and other hospital employees. Relationship will be maintained in a manner consistent with Eisenhower Medical Center's mission values and codes of conduct consistent with Performance Excellence for internal and external customers.
* Communicates closely with treating physicians and APPs, keeping them informed of scheduling issues, any scheduling delays and patient care issues. Develops and maintains open lines of communication between the team members.
* Monitors clinic specific business metrics, works with clinic staff to maintain metrics at or above established goals.
* Monitors electronic medical record uploads and charting of all staff, as well as cyclical report requests, such as TB screening compliance, vaccination rates, N-95 fit testing compliance, etc. Ensures timely response and follow up while maintaining accurate reports.
* Generate monthly statistical reports on tuberculosis, rubella, hepatitis, AIDS, and other investigative reports to be presented to the infection control and quality committees.
* Assists in patient care including rooming of patient, entering health information into EMR, administering injections, assist with exam or diagnostic procedures.
* Monitors Kronos and staff timekeeper system. Minimizes overtime and avoids meal penalties.
* Endeavors to provide guidance to vendor companies in matters of occupational health and safety, workers' compensation and any other relevant areas of occupational medicine.
* Performs other duties as assigned.