RN-Manager Perioperative Services Main OR/PACU - Surgery Main
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
* This position is responsible for implementing and managing the overall infrastructure around the care of surgical patients in the Main OR and Main PACU. Collaborates with key stakeholders in the continuum of care of surgical patients. Primary responsibilities include the management and leadership of the team implementing the perioperative plan of care; schedule administration and oversight of the progression of surgical cases and patient disposition post case; accountable to and responsible for ensuring quality customer service and cost-efficiency is achieved and legal, professional and institutional policies, regulations, and standards are met.
* Reports to
* Director, Inpatient Perioperative Services
* Charge Nurses
* OR Schedule Coordinator
* Clinical and Support Staff
* Ages of Patients
* Blood Borne Pathogens
* Minimal/ No Potential
* Required: BSN
* Preferred: MSN
* Required: California RN license
* Required: Five years relevant clinical experience: OR, Procedural, or Recovery experience
* Required: Progressive leadership experience
* Preferred: Clinical Manager experience
* Essential Responsibilities
* Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
* Develops/coordinates implementation of systems designed to efficiently support the execution of the surgery scheduled (intraoperative) for EMC Main operating rooms and Recovery (for evening shift role).
* Ensures that safe, high-quality patient care is provided in compliance with Federal, State and local regulatory requirements and processional standards (AORN, The Joint Commission).
* Fosters collaborative practice and effective interaction among all members of the health care team.
* Identifies care needs of patients/significant others, implements interventions, and utilizes equipment necessary to meet the specific need of the patient population served.
* Under the direction of the nursing management team executes daily assignments, ensures clinical practice according to standard, and efficient schedule, and/or patient flow throughout the perioperative continuum.
* Plans ahead to make sure that resources, materials, and sufficient manpower are available in order to meet operational needs; demonstrating critical thinking skills and problem solving skills integrating the concepts of coaching and mentoring.
* Fosters multi-disciplinary team approach and promotes the advancement of collaborative practice.
* Maintains effective relationships with physicians and other members of the health care team in a manner that is perceived as positive, welcoming, and customer focused.
* Plans for growth and development of the unit.
* Identifies circumstance and trends that may affect the unit
* Plans and implements change effectively
* Reviews OR schedules for the day of and future recommending and implementing revisions to maximize efficiency and collaborates with stakeholders to make changes necessary for the smooth progression of the surgical schedule.
* Confers with directors, surgeons, and anesthesiologist when scheduling emergencies or making changes in the scheduled cases and communicates with those staff members as needed implement schedule changes.
* Encourages team members to maintain a consistent flow of information and coordination of activities for surgical service area.
* Hires, evaluates, and counsels service group personnel in coordination with the Director.
* Provides direct patient care as needed. Provides break and lunch relief and backup for OR staff as needed.
* Identifies and coordinates the needs of service-user physicians through formal and informal meetings.
* Oversees new staff orientation in collaboration with the perioperative educator.
* Assists with managing and controlling department expenditures within established budgets.
* Promotes patient and patient family satisfaction.
* Strives for quality outcomes and efficient patient flow.
* Performs other duties as assigned