Patient Account Representative - Mirage Endoscopy
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
* Works under the supervision of the Business Office Manager. Processes commercial insurance claims and follows up on claims remaining unpaid. Handles patient account inquiries and the collection of patient self pay accounts. Verifies insurance eligibility and calculates time of service collections, notifies the patient and front desk of TOS monies due.
* Reports to
* Business Office Manager, Mirage Endoscopy Center
* Ages of Patients
* Blood Borne Pathogens
* Minimal/ No Potential
* Coder Certification preferred
* Preferred: Minimum one year experience in medical office setting with similar responsibilities.
* Essential Responsibilities
* Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
* Processes insurance claims, uploads and retrieves claims and remittance advices.
* Contacts insurance companies and patients to ensure accurate, thorough and timely reimbursement.
* Answers incoming telephone requests and correspondence accurately to ensure timely resolution.
* Handles patient account inquiries and process inquiry resolutions, including rebills.
* Prepares monthly reports and attends Accounts Receivable meetings. Able to effectively communicate the status of outstanding accounts.
* Verifies patient insurance eligibility and contacts patients to advise of time of service payments that are required.
* Tracks and prepares monthly reconciliation of actual to furcated TOS payments.
* Attends available seminars pertaining to Federal and State billing regulations and Compliance Issues and Guidelines.
* Keeps management informed of needed office supplies and maintenance for copier and fax machine.
* Retrieves mail and Prepares daily deposit journals.
* Assists at the Front Desk when necessary.
* Other duties as assigned by management.