Nursing Assistant - Intensive Care Units
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
* The Nursing Assistant position performs basic and advanced Nursing Assistant skills under direct supervision of Clinical Director, Clinical Coordinator or Registered Nurse.
* Reports to
* Clinical Coordinator
* Ages of Patients
* Blood Borne Pathogens
* High Potential
* Required: High School Diploma or equivalent if hired/promoted after April 10, 2016
* Required: CNA if hired/promoted after April 10, 2016; American Heart Association BLS
* In lieu of certification, must have completed 1 semester of education in an accredited ADN or BSN program.
* Preferred: Nursing Assistant experience
* Essential Responsibilities
* Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
* Accurately obtain vital signs: Temperature, Pulse, Respirations, Blood Pressure, and Pain level.
* Documents and communicates abnormal values and changes to RN per policy.
* Performs AM and HS hygiene per standard.
* Appropriately positions and ambulates patients as per care plan.
* Accurately documents Intake and Output and daily weights and communicates to RN.
* Assists with set up and/or feedings of patients.
* Assists nurse with re-positioning, ambulating, transporting, and other care as directed.
* Communicates with nurse/ co-workers prior to leaving unit for any reasons.
* Assists with equipment storage, retrieval and procedure cart restocking as directed.
* Observes all isolation procedures and regulations.
* Accurately performs duties assigned by and under the supervision of the RN.
* Provides safe patient environment at all times.
* Stays with patient who may be in danger of falling or hurting himself.
* Correctly identifies patient by use of armband.
* Call bell within reach.
* Application of restraints
* Communicates observations of patient condition changes to Nurse.
* Adheres to guidelines for change of shift report from assigned RN.
* Performs patient rounds at least every hour.
* Completes documentation accurately as per policy.
* Maintains general tidiness of patient room.
* Performs other duties as assigned.