Medical Assistant - Employee Health
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
* Provides all clinical support services within the Employee Health scope of service
* Reports to
* • None
* Ages of Patients
* Blood Borne Pathogens
* High Potential
* Preferred: High School Diploma or GED
* Required: Medical Assistant certificate, American Heart Association BLS
* Preferred: CA Certified Phlebotomy License, CA State Medical Assistant Certification
* Required: Previous experience in urgent care or physician office setting
* Preferred: Bilingual
* Essential Responsibilities
* Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
* Performs drug screens in accordance with DOT guidelines and uses appropriate chain of custody forms to ensure accurate documentation as defined by the Department of Transportation.
* Obtains medical history (vital signs) on injured workers and assists physicians so that appropriate preparation, examination and diagnostic testing occurs without error and without delay.
* Performs Breath Alcohol testing and instrument calibration according to DOT guidelines and regulatory requirements.
* Performs proficient ancillary testing as requested including but not limited to, Influenza Immunizations, Tuberculin Skin Tests, and phlebotomy if State Certified.
* Timely and accurately completes and submits Physician's First Report of Injury forms per California Worker's Compensation regulatory code.
* Maintains appropriate level of supplies and drug screen kits to support the services at the clinic.
* Enters and discharges timely patient information into the computer system including physician provided diagnosis, work status, work restrictions, next appointment and other visit specific data.
* Communicates appropriately with physicians, co-workers, patients, insurance companies, outside agencies and the public in a high customer service driven, professional and knowledgeable manner.
* Registers patients in the computer system free from error in a timely manner, and according to appropriate business guarantor process.
* Collects and processes all necessary paperwork, results etc. assuring appropriate reporting and medical documentation.
* Completes and processes and submits accurate and timely physician Summary of Findings forms to client companies.
* Provides timely response (same day) to employers and insurance companies who call for work status, work restrictions and drug screen results.
* Call potentially exposed employees and inform them of next steps utilizing call script provided.
* Document calls made and the result in the Employee Health (EH) exposure spreadsheet.
* E- Mail employees notification of the potential exposure and follow up instructions when you are not able to speak with them at the time of your call.
* At the direction of EH RNs, you will also e-mail to potentially exposed staff additional Employee Health forms to complete.
* You will also make initial screening calls to physicians. The purpose of the screening call is to determine if they were within 6 feet of the source patient for greater than 10 minutes. Document the results of your call in the exposure spreadsheet and notify Dr. Charity Russell of physicians who meet the criteria for exposure as listed above.
* Utilize EH RNs for assistance in answering staff or physician questions as necessary.
* Assist EH staff by answering calls to the EH Covid-19 Hotline, as well as the main EH extension- 8510.
* At the direction of Employee Health staff, document staff exposures in agility software.
* Performs other duties as assigned related to the delivery of performance excellence in Employee Health Services.