LVN - Primary Care Internal Medicine Residency
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
* The position is responsible for ensuring the accurate documentation of patient care activity, responding timely to patient requests, maintaining a quality standard of care, anticipating daily workload, prioritizing activities and coordinating the workload of other employees at the Center.
* Reports to
* Manager, Director, CAO
* Not Applicable
* Ages of Patients
* Neonate/Infant (as appropriate for department)
* Pediatric (as appropriate for department)
* Adolescent (as appropriate for department)
* Blood Borne Pathogens
* High Potential
* Required: CA LVN license, American Heart Association BLS
* Preferred: Recent healthcare experience including physician office or urgent care setting
* Essential Responsibilities
* Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
* Performs within the scope of practice for the professional license held
* Assists physicians, so that appropriate data collection and preparation, examination and diagnostic testing occur without error and without delay.
* Ensures accurate documentation of all patient care activity.
* Orders and communicates supply needs to supervisor so that appropriately stocked work areas are maintained.
* Answers telephone in a polite efficient manner; takes clear and accurate messages, transfers calls.
* Provides timely and appropriate discharge instructions to patients.
* Demonstrates cost effectiveness by using judgment when opening and using supplies
* Maximizes free time between patients and other duties to assist with cleaning and organizing workstation, cleaning rooms, and filing.
* Performs patient callbacks with information about test results or for quality customer service.
* Coordinates breaks and lunch periods for team members so as not to compromise patient flow.
* Demonstrates commitment to the EMC Behavioral Standards for all interactions.
* Language, appearance and behavior reflect the EMC Behavioral Standards.
* Follows the identified dress code and safety protocols to ensure patient and employee safety.
* Maintains and practices professional boundaries with all patient interactions.
* Performs other duties as requested.