Lead Application Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Our work enables clinicians around the world to enhance and save lives.
As a Lead Architect at Edwards, you will lead a global application roll out and help grow this high impact, mission-critical team. You will be responsible for new feature development and quality control standards for Edward's proprietary EW1 Ionic Application, which includes mobile, desktop, data architecture and Salesforce integrations for the global sales infrastructure. This is a revolutionary app that tracks sales, orders, inventory, and issues of our devices. As we expand globally, we'll also incorporate IOS as well as windows development
Ideal candidates possess both broad and deep technical knowledge. You will direct the design of enterprise and/or solution level architecture through planning, design, execution, and operation, and eventually help build and lead a team. The goal is to establish and maintain an IT ecosystem that is scalable, adaptable to the business, and aligned with Edwards' strategic goals, objectives, and credo.
* Provide design and architecture guidance to project teams
* Adhere to IT design methodology, development process methodology, technology standards, and best practices
* Hands-on development and code review
* Identify, evaluate, select, and champion new solutions for offline applications, including evaluation of new technologies, specifying the shared data and code resources, defining the interfaces and dataflows, and monitoring the success of the development.
* Translate business requirements into specific solutions, applications, or process. Define business processes and application platform architectural designs
* Manage and establish oversight and governance through all aspects of implementation to ensure compliance with architectural standards and practices
* Act as subject matter expert in one or more capacities (e.g., system platform design, business process, software and hardware architecture, project management or industry)
* Coordinate with cross-disciplinary teams
* Up to 10% travel
* Bachelor's Degree in technology
* 12 years of experience in IT
* 7+ years' experience with the following common architectural methodologies, frameworks, and patterns:
* Angular 9 application development (including global architecture, monorepo/library architecture, object-oriented programming, reactive programming, and related design patterns)
* SQL database architecture and development (offline applications using SQLite, including distributed database systems and strongly denormalized data models)
* Development of offline Windows mobile (UWP) and desktop (Win32) applications using tools such as Electron, Node JS, Microsoft Visual Studio, Native (C++) Node Modules, Win32 and Windows RunTime APIs
* Development of offline iOS (iPhone/iPad) applications using hybrid web technologies, i.e.: Apache Cordova or Ionic Capacitor
* Expertise in multiple aspects of mobile app development; including hardware, software, web/mobile/desktop applications, databases, cloud platforms and services, systems engineering, and QA/testing
* Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration (CI) practices utilizing Git-based Source Control, Pipelines (i.e., Bitbucket, Azure DevOps), PowerShell and Node JS scripting, automated Unit and e2e testing for web applications
* Knowledge of UI/UX best practices for a variety of devices and screen sizes, including responsive and touch friendly web development, and familiarity with Angular UI libraries such as Material, Bootstrap, and Ionic
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written, email and phone, negotiation, communication, and relationship management. Ability to explain complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences.
* Experience with agile methodology
* Experience creating technical documentation related to software requirements, design, and testing, including architectural diagrams (e.g., UML, BPML, ERD), application wireframes/mockups, test scripts, etc.
* Strong leadership skills, both 1:1 mentorship and coordinating cross-discipline teams (i.e., developers, analysts, designers, testers, etc.) to meet deliverables
* Architecture certification such as TOGAF or Zachman
* Master's degree in technology
* Program and project management planning and organizational skills
* Understanding of standard business workflows and concepts related to Sales, Marketing, and Inventory Management for high-value products, as well as surrounding technical ecosystems, i.e., CRM and ERP systems
* Knowledge of Salesforce CRM capabilities, including queries, reports, permissions, custom objects, REST APIs, workflows, Apex triggers, etc.
* Experience with Jira, TestRail, and Zaptest SDLC tools
* Knowledge of best practices related to IT governance, operations, and administration
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.