Associate Manager, Clinical Imaging TMTT
Employment Type: Full-Time
This is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage product development group, Transcatheter Mitral & Tricuspid Therapies (TMTT), focused on imaging and developing solutions for patients suffering from structural heart disease. You will join a fast-paced, dynamic team and the individual who fills it will play a pivotal role in the development of new therapies and devices, from concept through to human use.
As our therapies grow, so does our need for leaders to advance imaging capabilities as it enables the usability and scalability for our patients and physicians. These advancements come in forms of market development, imager customer engagement, advancing technology with imaging partners, and internal product improvements across all device platforms, geographies, and functions.
As an Associate Manager, Clinical Imaging, you would be responsible for driving imaging projects that make this happen! By utilizing your cardiovascular and imaging expertise, you will be responsible to support activities, projects, and procedure development to include current imaging technologies as well as imaging technologies in development. You will assess new products with imaging and procedure development, and early clinical imaging training/case support for both novel and iterative devices.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Analyze imaging and/or oversee third party imaging for cross functional teams and contribute an opinion to the assessment of potential cases for early feasibility and clinical study candidates
* Analyze, summarize, and present clinical baseline, procedural, and follow-up imaging (e.g., CT, echo, MRI, angiography) to provide inputs that support new product and procedure development and to support event investigations
* Provide complex intraprocedural echocardiographic support during animal or cadaver studies for product and procedure testing or training activities
* Collaborate and provide recommendations to NPD team and HCPs to develop imaging patient selection criteria and screening protocol
* Create training content relevant to program platforms and imaging
* Train internal & external team on imaging features and technology
* Support field team and/or HCPs on cardiac training and imaging procedures
* Provide on-site cardiac imaging support and guidance during clinical procedures performed on humans to ensure optimal imaging during the implantation of transcatheter devices
* Collaborate with external imaging vendors on projects related to device platforms
* Bachelor's Degree in in biological or life sciences, animal science, or other related scientific or technical field.
* 8 years of experience of independent scanning experience in a clinical, hospital and/or industry clinical echocardiographic (echo sonographer, cardiac sonographer, echo tech) experience
* Certification in RDCS (Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer) within ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography) or equivalent certification
* Ability to travel up to 50%
* Experience working in medical device or imaging industry
* Interventional Echo-navigation Imaging experience, particularly with 2D/3D TEE
* Experience working in cath lab/interventional procedural setting
* Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
* Good imaging analysis software skills (e.g., TomTec, Xcelera, 3Mensio, Vitrea, Circle VI, etc.)
* Substantial knowledge of relevant imaging equipment operation (e.g., 2D or 3D TTE/TEE/ICE, CT, MRI, etc.)
* Experience in building educational and training content
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
* Able to effectively guide and instruct other imaging specialists in clinical settings on effective imaging equipment operation
* Requires strong diplomacy, influencing and relationship management skills
* Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills
* Must be able to work in a team environment, fostering collaboration between inter-departmental teams, HCPs and KOLs
* Full knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to cardiovascular imaging
* Good leadership skills and ability to influence change
* Strict attention to detail
* Ability to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects
* Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.