Employment Type: Full-Time
Ednovate is what it sounds like - we're 'Education' + 'Innovation'. We are a growing network of open-enrollment high schools, powered by the University of Southern California, looking to flip the script on the traditional 9-12 experience. We prepare scholars to use their college degrees and careers to make a Positive Multigenerational Change. Our mission is to close the college attainment gap at a scale larger than the average California school district (11 schools) and impact America's high school report card.
Our network is in the 'sweet spot' of growth; small enough to be with a team that feels more like a family and big enough to feel like you are part of a movement. You will be surrounded by a team of changemakers, just like you! We're a training organization, so we believe in setting you up for success and we will fuel you to grow every day, just like you will fuel our students. We're made up of world travelers, nacho connoisseurs, filmmakers and Drake fans. We love LA and OC, and we're our students' biggest cheerleaders. We're looking for folks who are humble, hungry for change, smart, and courageous enough to create an equitable, innovative school system. Sound like you? Keep Reading.
Assistant Principals (APs) at Ednovate are the 'instructional gurus' of our campuses, driving academic success for all students. You'll support and develop teachers, coach and mentor grade and department leads, and ensure academic equity for Special Education and ELL students. You'll also be responsible for creating and delivering PD for teachers, working with the admin team in order to identify school-wide data, and executing strategies to improve where needed. In addition, you'll be responsible for the scheduling and programming of classes to ensure that students are taking the correct courses for college preparation.
What You'll Do:
* Lead with Equity: Ensure all students across all identity groups have access to a high quality, personalized college prep experience.
* Engineer Greatness: Support teachers in developing and adopting a cutting edge digital curriculum, powered by the ACT College and Career Readiness Standards.
* Mentor Superheroes: You'll be a maestro of teacher development, empowering educators to reach their full academic and personal potential.
* Be a Lifelong Learner: Professional development is our love language. We are committed to improving academic outcomes for all students through innovative training at a network level.
* Find Your People: Join an active, lively school community with vision and purpose. We uplift each other, debate, problem solve, and celebrate our collective work together.
We're Looking For:
* 2+ years of school leadership experience with a strong record of improving student outcomes
* A BA or BS Degree
* A California Single Subject Teaching Credential or Out of State Teaching Credential - or the appetite to work toward one!
We're Committed to Giving You:
* A competitive & transparent salary based on your years of teaching experience
* Full Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage, as well as family leave benefits
* Generous paid time off and holidays
* 403b retirement savings plan, with company matching up to 3%
* A place to grow, learn and be a part of the Ednovate family
Ednovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin