Principal Manager of Climate Adaptation and Resiliency Planning
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
We are at a pivotal time to help California reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40% in a decade and carbon neutrality by 2045 and contribute to avoiding the most significant impacts of climate change. We also need to plan for resiliency in the face of climate change that is already happening and is projected to continue into the future. Implementing Southern California Edison's (SCE) vision of a clean and resilient grid that helps decarbonize and reliably power California will require bold ideas, new strategies, new ways of energy resource and grid planning, and new policies, all developed on a foundation of analytical, data-driven rigor.
As the Principal Manager of the Climate Adaptation and Resiliency Planning team, you will lead a team of professionals that works across our company to assess the risks of climate change to SCE's assets, operations, and services, and develop mitigation strategies for adapting to the projected impacts of climate change. You will be an internal and external thought leader and critical interface among our technical modeling teams, organizational units, external and internal climate scientists, finance and risk teams, and regulatory and legal teams.
As a Principal Manager, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
* Lead the cross-functional climate adaptation and vulnerability assessments across SCE which includes directing the development and coordination of inclusion of climate change risks into utility assets, infrastructure, business planning, operations, and services.
* Manage validation and further development of climate change models and data. Activities include validation of models and tools for analyzing the impacts of climate change and appropriate data sets and transformations for use across the company.
* Lead and develop team of climate science advisors, utility planners, project managers, and analysts that coordinate assessments and inclusion of climate risks into utility business planning.
* Coordinate communication of climate change adaptation strategies, metrics and methodologies throughout the company, with regulators and with vulnerable and disadvantaged communities.
* Provide regulatory support and subject matter expertise on key proceedings including Climate Vulnerability Assessment and General Rate Case.
* Represent the Company at regulatory workshops and may testify at regulatory proceedings.
* Perform other duties as requested.
* Seven or more years of experience managing, supervising, or leading teams or managing projects.
* Five or more years of experience with energy resource, electric system planning, or utility risk management.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in economics, engineering, physical sciences, or other quantitative discipline.
* Experience in climate change analysis and policy development.
* Experience leading large scale, cross-functional projects with high impact to an organization.
* Strong interpersonal communications and technical writing skills.
You should know
* Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
* Relocation may apply.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. #LI-MM1