Employment Type: Full-Time
EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
The Hardware Engineering Intern will test and certify all hardware devices related to the PowerFlex large scale EV charging solution including communications boards, embedded computers, and VPN routers. The Hardware Engineering Intern will work with other Senior Engineers to select and optimize hardware components, evaluate COTS devices for use in our product, assemble and test finished devices. The idea candidate should have enthusiasm for learning the state of art communications and computing hardware.
* 95% Software Engineer
* to ensure functionality and compliance.
* Designing software or process to keep track of inventory.
* Debug and pinpoint source of hardware failures.
* Research and evaluate newer hardware devices for future products.
* Build tools to capture analytics and performance metrics and process and present them in easy to understand formats to facilitate discussions and reviews among team members.
* Create, edit, and maintain technical documents on code and software systems
* 5% - Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: (Degree/Certifications/License/Experience/Specialized Knowledge/Skills)
* Current Graduate or Undergraduate Student in Computer Science or Software Engineering
* Comfortable working in a startup environment that requires strong discipline and self motivation.
* Experience using Linux systems, preferably Debian derivatives such as Ubuntu
* Adequate knowledge in computer networks including Ethernet, TCP/IP, and HTTP protocols
* Adequate knowledge of a common programming language
* Ability to write/ present technical material to audiences with diverse backgrounds
95% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. 5% of time is spent outside of the office for training, site visits, meetings as required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Los Altos, CA, USA