Senior Product Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree. Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest: We're a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
* Build products that simplify the lending process
* Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
* Engage with our customers through more human experiences
What makes an 'Earnie' culture:
Earnest's culture is as dynamic as the products we're building and defining every day. We're a fast-growing company, and that means we're constantly integrating the new perspectives of every individual.
Earnies define our culture as:
* Earn Happy Clients
* Client happiness is our true north star.
* Make it happen
* We work hard to deliver high-impact results at rapid pace.
* Growth Mindset
* We love challenges, enjoy rigorous effort, and learn from our mistakes as we continuously improve.
* Do great things together
* Success is built on relationships.
* Insist on high standards
* We have relentlessly high standards and continuously raise the bar on the quality of everything: our products, services, processes, and people.
Our Earnie's are fun, innovative, and willing to rollup their sleeves to help their team succeed in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, and you want to join us on our mission to radically disrupt a trillion dollar fintech industry, keep reading to find out how.
As a Senior Product Analyst, you'll serve as an analytics expert for the General Manager and Senior Product Manager for our flagship product, using numbers to help them make better decisions. In your role, you will weave stories with meaningful insight from data. You'll make key recommendations for your fellow Earnies in Product and Engineering. You relish tallying up the numbers one minute, and communicating your findings to colleagues the next. You can see different angles of a product or business opportunity, and you know how to connect the dots and work with people at all levels of the organization. You will turn business questions into data analysis, and provide meaningful recommendations on strategy. You will report to the Head of Analytics and:
* Explore behavioral and financial product data to find actionable insights, identify client pain points, and improve application conversion.
* Summarize and communicate insights during product development.
* Work with PMs, General Manager, and Engineering to implement, document, and validate feature KPIs.
* Empower, train, and guide others to work effectively with data and champion product analytics across the organization.
* Collaborate with our diverse team to create full cycle analysis that includes data gathering and ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations.
Ideal background and expertise:
* 3+ years in a product data-centric role (e.g. consumer technology, management consulting, pricing, financial/risk modeling, etc.)
* Experience articulating product questions, pulling data from datasets (SQL), and using statistics to arrive at an answer
* Ability to translate analysis results into business recommendations
* Understanding of conversion funnels and A/B testing preferred
* Experience in BI Tools (Amplitude, Google Analytics, and Looker) preferred
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
* Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
* Work anywhere in the U.S.
* Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
* Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
* Robust tuition reimbursement program
* $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
* Competitive days of annual PTO
* Annual 'my day'
* Pet insurance!
* Competitive parental leave
* Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.