Buca di Beppo Host Buca di Beppo San Diego
Employment Type: Full-Time
With locations from New York City to Honolulu, Buca di Beppo restaurants embody the Italian traditions of food, friendship, and hospitality. Dishes enjoyed for generations in villages throughout Italy inspire the menu, which features both Northern and Southern Italian favorites. While the food has pleased millions of palates from coast-to-coast, Buca di Beppo is equally famous for its quirky décor and upbeat atmosphere.
At Buca di Beppo, we consider our employees, Family, and we are looking to expand our family with only the most sincere and enthusiastic family members. The quality and integrity of the Buca family is the catalyst for commitment to the service of guests. Buca di Beppo is one of the most vibrant restaurant companies in the country, with the vision to be the first choice for Celebratory Dining. The Buca Mission is to provide every guest with an over the top celebratory experience by delivering vibrant Italian food in an eclectic vintage setting.
The Host/ess contributes to the success of Buca di Beppo by controlling the flow of Guests within the restaurant. The Host/ess responsibility is to create a positive first and last professional image to our Guests and to support all family members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Answer the phones in a friendly and timely manner and take messages.
* Greet Guests when they arrive and thank them as they depart in a sincere and friendly manner.
* Take, package, and tender To-Go orders.
* Present accurate bills, collect a proper payment, and secure payments. Follow all cash handling procedures and policies. Balance cash receipts.
* Maintain an accurate account of coupons, cash, promos, vouchers, and credits.
* Provide our Guests with accurate and detailed information regarding our restaurant.
* Maintain the arrival area throughout the shift and make sure it is always clean and organized.
* Monitor the flow of the restaurant including table turnover, Guest arrival, Guest departure, and pace of the restaurant.
* Work with the service staff to reset tables in a quick and efficient manner.
* Clean up accidental spillage or breakage.
* Pre-set flatware.
* Clean and maintain menus, menu inserts, drink menus, etc.
* Communicate the needs of the Guests to management and service staff as needed.
* Page and seat Guests in an efficient and comfortable manner.
* Make sure our guests are comfortable as they wait, including the passing of 'crowd pizzas'.
* Assist with the sale of gift cards.
* Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of the restrooms.
* Monitor and maintain and lobby area, including wiping down surfaces.
* Welcome and assist job applicants.
* Maintain all walkways inside and outside.
* Assist with locating Guests for phone calls or messages.
* Thank Guests for joining us as they leave and invite them to return.
* Follow the Ten Points of Difference and Guest Standards of Execution as described in the Host Workbook.