Buca di Beppo Bartender - CA Buca di Beppo Pasadena
Employment Type: Full-Time
With locations from New York City to Honolulu, Buca di Beppo restaurants embody the Italian traditions of food, friendship, and hospitality. Dishes enjoyed for generations in villages throughout Italy inspire the menu, which features both Northern and Southern Italian favorites. While the food has pleased millions of palates from coast-to-coast, Buca di Beppo is equally famous for its quirky décor and upbeat atmosphere.
At Buca di Beppo, we consider our employees, Family, and we are looking to expand our family with only the most sincere and enthusiastic family members. The quality and integrity of the Buca family is the catalyst for commitment to the service of guests. Buca di Beppo is one of the most vibrant restaurant companies in the country, with the vision to be the first choice for Celebratory Dining. The Buca Mission is to provide every guest with an over the top celebratory experience by delivering vibrant Italian food in an eclectic vintage setting.
The Bartender contributes to the success of Buca di Beppo by serving the Guests within the restaurant. The Bartender's responsibility is to serve Guests in a friendly, sincere manner and to do 'whatever it takes' to ensure a vital, vibrant, and powerfully flavored Guest dining experience. The Bartender is also responsible to provide friendly, efficient service to the Servers and Wait Assistant.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
* Warmly greet and pitch your bar Guests in a friendly and sincere manner.
* Effectively merchandise food and beverages in an informative, friendly, and enthusiastic manner.
* Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
* Pre-bus tables, bar tops, and countertops in the bar area. Wipe tables, countertops and bar tops and seats in the bar area with dampened cloths, and replace dirty tablecloths.
* Clean up spilled food, drink and broken dishes, and remove empty bottles and trash from the bar area.
* Reset tables, bar tops, and countertops in bar area according to company specifications and standards. Set tables with clean linens, condiments, and other supplies.
* Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, and equipment in the bar area.
* Clean up accidental spillage or breakage.
* Record orders, place accurate orders, and monitor the timing of the Guest experience.
* Ensure quality food and beverages for your Guests.
* Up-sell and suggestive sell at every opportunity.
* Suggest an appetizer to every Guest after receiving their drink order.
* Prepare high-quality drinks consistently.
* Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
* Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
* Work the service bar in a friendly and efficient manner. Ensure that all drink orders have been rung in.
* Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
* Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
* Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
* Present accurate bills, collect a proper payment, and secure payments. Follow all cash handling procedures and policies. Balance cash receipts.
* Follow the Ten Points of Difference and Guest Standards of Execution as found in the Bartender Workbook.
* Anticipate and exceed your Guest's expectations
* Work as a team and use positive communication skills at every opportunity.
* Clean, stock, and maintain the bar throughout the shift.
* Follow all safety and sanitation policies.