Seasonal Winery Technician- Edna Valley
Employment Type: Full-Time
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Edna Valley is hiring for Seasonal Harvest Workers for our 2021 Harvest! You will participate in all phases of winemaking processes as well as the care, maintenance, and sanitation of all equipment and facilities. Must adhere to all safety procedures and work instruction procedures to support quality, food safety and GMP standards.
PAY - $16.50/hr plus a $250.00 Sign on Bonus!!!!
What You Will Do:
* Performs all aspects of cellar work, including but not limited to wine movements such as movements, transfers, and barrel filling; stacking, washing, and maintenance; tank sanitation and preparation, forklift operation; cleaning and maintenance of cellar;
* purging and gassing of tanks; stirring and topping of wines; clarifying, and blending of juice and wine.
* Operates and maintains cellar and harvest equipment.
* Cleans and sanitizes cellar; including barrel room, crush and bottling equipment.
* Works extended hours as required during harvest season.
* Rotates between the following: bottling, cellar, crush, and barrel room.
* Required to be physically capable of executing all job tasks within the production facilities.
What You Will Need:
* Required to be 18 years of age or older.
* Required to be physically capable of executing any job tasks.
* Required to wear a respirator when necessary.
* Required to work all shifts including rotating shift/schedule throughout the year (day, swing, graveyard, 5x8, 4x10); required to work weekends and overtime when necessary.
* Required to work up to 12 hours per day and up to 7 days per week as production schedule requires.
* Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
* Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
* Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click