General Wine Technician - Courtside Winery
Employment Type: Full-Time
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
This position will be located at Courtside Winery bottling
Under general supervision participates in all support tasks of the winemaking process as well as the care, maintenance, and sanitation of all winery equipment and facilities. Duties include using company systems to track winery work, quality, and sanitation, and engage in data entry. Required to adhere to all safety procedures, support quality and GMP standards.
What You Will Do:
* Supports the operation of winery equipment in bottling and the cellar (bottling machines, pumps, presses, etc.).
* Performs sanitation tasks such as tank washing, pressure washing, and line and equipmentsanitation.
* Ensures all additions to product are made accurately, per the work orders.
* Preforms product movement activities.
* Supports set-up, completion of task, and sanitation activities as it relates to process piping, tanks, and all winery equipment.
* Supports the operation of complex cellar and bottling equipment (i.e. filtration equipment, CIP systems, etc.).
What You Will Need:
* Required to obtain forklift certification onsite.
* Required to work a rotating shift/schedule throughout the year (day, swing, graveyard, 5x8, 4x10); required to work weekends and overtime when necessary.
* Required to stand for the duration of shift (8-12 hours excluding breaks and lunch).
* Required to work at elevated heights and in confined spaces.
What Will Set You Apart:
* High school diploma or State issued-equivalency certificate required plus 1 year of wine production or consumer product goods manufacturing experience.•
* Knowledge of beverage manufacturing as it relates to liquid processing and machine operation.
* Basic knowledge of shipping and receiving (logistics) including associated computer systems.
* Familiar with sanitation activities as it relates to food processing/handling.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click