Distributor HR Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As the Distributor HR Manager you will be responsible for providing HR guidance and support and implementing human resource projects, programs, and initiatives to multiple field base business functions. Partners with HR Centers of Excellence (Talent Acquisition, Benefits, Compensation, etc.) to provide employee services.
What You Will Do
* Drives alignment of people, HR processes and policies to support business OGSMs and initiatives and works closely with client group leadership with the support of the COEs to develop and implement HR solutions to ensure alignment to business strategy and successful business results.
* Develops leadership capability and coaches employees, supervisors and leaders on how to manage employee issues. This includes coaching and development discussions, change management, career pathing, advising and the assimilation of talent.
* Aligns talent strategies by identifying short- and long-term staffing needs and assessing position requirements to proactively build a strong pipeline of key talent.
* Manages the Distributor talent acquisition process, including recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants.
* Participates and supports HR leadership in administering the Human Resources Planning/Functional Succession Planning (HRP) processes; ensures integration of HRP into performance management and staffing decisions for high potential employees and management.
* Leads local employee training and leadership development courses.
* Provides formal instruction on how to complete self-assessments; coaches managers on how to complete performance assessments.
* Partners with the HR COEs in the application of existing human resources policies and objectives.
* Ensures understanding of corporate policies, collective bargaining agreements (when applicable), local, state and federal regulations Works with the Compensation COE to ensure proper understanding and implementation of Gallo's Compensation programs, including base pay and incentive programs.
* Works with the business to evaluate, review and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to drive continuous improvement and best practice sharing.
* Enhances productivity by leveraging knowledge of client group organizational structure.
* Ensures adherence of affirmative action plans; supports corporate diversity initiatives.
What You Will Need
* Master's degree plus 3 years of human resources generalist or business partner experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of human resources generalist or business partner experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 9 years of human resource generalist or business partner experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
* Ability to flex schedule to attend field base meetings.
What Will Set You Apart
* Bachelor's degree plus 7 years of human resources generalist or business partnership experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
* Supervisory experience.
* Experience working with a field base workforce.
* PHR or SPHR certification.
* Hands-on capabilities in Employee Relations, Staffing, Talent Management, Performance Management, and Regulatory Compliance.
* Knowledge of state and federal regulations in the areas of employment and labor law.
* Experience supporting employees in a Union environment or working in a CBA environment.
* Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel at an intermediate level.
* Proven ability to resolve complex problems by leveraging business/HR knowledge and client relationships.
* Experience managing multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating a sense of urgency and results orientation.
* Ability to anticipate business needs, think proactively and respond appropriately.
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing throughout the different organizational levels.
* Experience defining problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To view a full job description, please click