Cellar Operations Engineering Internship January-June 2022
Employment Type: Full-Time
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
CELLAR OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT ENGINEERING INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
LOCATION: MODESTO, CA
Application Deadline: October 10, 2021
Operations serves as infrastructure. As an organization, it provides the essential systems and functional processes that enable the winery to do business. A winemaker can enjoy a spectacular harvest resulting in memorable vintage, but that's only part of the story. The wine must be bottled, warehoused, inventoried and distributed. The departments that reside within Operations are: Bottling, Brandy and Cellar, Corporate Engineering, Customer Service, Glass Manufacturing, Plant Engineering and Supply Chain. Our Cellar and Bottling Departments are responsible for the blending and processing of wine to finished packaged products.
Over eighty years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's largest family-owned winery. We distribute wines to over 90 countries and are the largest exporter of California wine. E. & J. Gallo Winery employs a creative and talented team of more than 5,000 people. We truly believe that the contributions of our employees are what make our Winery a dominant force in the ever-growing wine industry. If you want to work with great people and enjoy a career in a dynamic industry expected to double in the next 10 years, see what opportunities await you at E. & J. Gallo Winery!
The Cellar Department is searching for appropriate candidates to fill 6-month positions (January-June 2022) within our Internship Program. The Intern will be working directly with the Cellar Management team to aid in completing and executing against our goals and objectives, as well as working closely with current Cellar Managers, Engineers, Team Leads, Winemakers, Supply Chain, Maintenance.
* Works on projects related to utilities (natural gas, steam, water, wastewater, electricity, etc.) improvements.
* Tracks and analyzes existing processes for the purpose of adapting systems to include continuous monitoring.
* Performs data analysis and improvement identification and executes process improvements.
* Participates in Cooperage and Equipment utilization improvements (tracking, monitoring, reporting, communication tools, etc.).
* Works with cellar team to identify issues, collect appropriate supporting data, develop and present improvement ideas, and implement solutions.
* Participates in other projects related to equipment installation/integration as needed.
* High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate
* Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor's degree in the School of Engineering.
* Requires availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
* Available for the entire duration of this internship program - January 2022 through June 2022
* Senior class standing at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Biological, or Industrial Engineering.
* Strong problem-solving, interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* The intern is occasionally required to kneel and crawl under conveyor belts.
* The intern may need to ride a bike to get around the work area.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
* Wet/Slippery conditions vary and may include work in rain.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.
Nearest Major Market: Modesto
Job Segment: Intern, Entry Level