Bottling Room Maintenance Mechanic
Employment Type: Full-Time
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Are you motivated by evaluating and diagnosing mechanical problems? Do you enjoy working on a wide variety of equipment with a broad range of technology? This position will empower you to provide technical maintenance support the largest family-owned winery in the world. You must be able to work in fast paced environment with the ability to drive decisions within a collaborative culture. If you want to work for a company that values innovation, teamwork and is committed to continuously improving processes and team members. It's time to join the Gallo Family!
* Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, Vision & 401K
What You Will Do
* Diagnoses malfunctioning equipment and replaces damaged or broken equipment
* Works cross-functionally to ensure information about equipment malfunctions is shared and communicates corrective action plan
* Changes out electric photo eyes, proximity switches and limit switches. Unwires and wire backup 3 phase motors. Changes brushes and DC motors
* Performs line changes and completes PM (preventive maintenance)
* Verifies output ratios for motors and gearboxes
* Trains operators on correct procedures relative to equipment maintenance
* Performs repairs such as replacing fuses, light sockets, bulbs, and switches
* Make improvements that define equipment reliability and shape production and product quality.
* Plans new or modifies existing system layout(s) for equipment by identifying specific mechanical or electrical components, location, and functionality and safety requirements.
* Evaluates and identify root cause failures on machinery for changes in materials, environment conditions, and operational error
* Works to ensure functionality of installed equipment and systems
* Plans layout and installation of wiring and electrical equipment and systems
* Experience and knowledge in predictive maintenance
What You Need
* High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 4 years of maintenance experience OR Associate's degree / Certificate of completion from an accredited industrial trade program plus 3 years of maintenance experience OR completion of a technical military school/certification plus 3 years of maintenance experience.
* Required to be 18 years of age of older.
* Required to work any shift.
* Required to work overtime, if necessary.
* Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds frequently.
* Required to work at heights up to 40 feet.
* Required to have mechanic tools.
* Required to comply with company GMP policies.
* Required to pass the WorkKeys assessments.
What Will Set You Apart
* Industrial Maintenance experience.
* Experience working in a Food and Beverage environment.
* Experience working on high-speed packaging lines.
* Knowledge of solid-state electronics including PLC and VFD troubleshooting experience.
* Experience working in a union environment.
* Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
* Working understanding of a CMMS System.
* Highly knowledgeable and skilled in repair and troubleshooting of packaging equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be physically capable of moderate pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, stooping, squatting, handling and grasping, twisting/turning, torso rotation, reaching to the full extension of the arms, carrying and lifting (up to 50 lbs.), ascending/descending ladders, working in small, confined spaces and areas, wear a respirator.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to the following:
Exposure to slippery or uneven walking surfaces.
* Exposure to dust, fumes
* Exposure to loud noise levels.
* Exposure to outside environments.
* Exposure to working at heights of up to 40 feet.
* Exposure to working in confined spaces.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
Job ID 82361
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.
Nearest Major Market: Modesto