Sr. Preconstruction Mgr.-Commercial Real Estate Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Duke Realty, the nation's leading pure-play, publicly traded, domestic-only, industrial property REIT with logistic/e-commerce properties in 20 major U.S. cities, has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Preconstruction Manager of to join our construction team in our Irvine, CA office. Candidates must be attracted to a fast paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate's success. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Responsible for managing multiple individual projects from concept through bidding, design, and subcontract bidding of projects.
* Assist with business development and proposal responses as required.
* Assemble necessary consultants and contractors and prepare budget estimates and scopes of work that meet the client needs.
* Prepare complete construction cost estimates in the format outlined by the Preconstruction Director, including conceptual cost estimates using historical cost data.
* Lead and manage the entire design phase of the project, including awarding design subcontracts and design meetings, once project is approved.
* Actively leads presentations to prospective clients and participates in the business development and work procurement process.
* Ability to work directly with Leasing and Business Unit Heads on all types of development projects.
* Provide value engineering and cost saving suggestions during the design process, and work with design professionals and internal resources to implement them.
* Prepare bid packages and obtain subcontractor bids in conjunction with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
* Assist with Project Management of project as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
* Candidates will have 8 years of experience in commercial construction & development with a minimum of 4 years in estimating and conceptual design. Experience in the design/build construction of industrial real estate (warehouse, distribution, fulfillment, and/or manufacturing) and development work/experience is preferred.
* Proven track record in management and coordination of contracts, ability to manage and direct Subcontractors and General Contractors, and maintain relationships.
* Possess strong initiative and effective organizational skills.
* Attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize workload.
* Ability to establish and maintain rapport and interact with various levels of professionals.
* Demonstrated experience working with MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Willing to travel to other markets as needed to assist with projects.
* BS degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related field of study desired.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunity as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) and a wellness program.