Operations Lead 1st & 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Req Number: []
The Operations Lead has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all operational activities, which they are assigned to on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Operations Supervisor, the Operations Lead is responsible for supervision of the associates dedicated to the warehousing, receiving, and shipping of product in their area in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Will mentor and train new and existing associates in specific distribution activities to help achieve established customer demands
* Will train new and existing associates on current Standard Operating Procedures, which includes but is not limited to: shipping, receiving, picking, and/or quality control
* Will assist in forklift operation and certification for new and existing associates
* Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity. Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all products is properly counted.
* Efficiently and accurately load orders according to the appropriate doors and trailers.
* All shipping/receiving/picking functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
* Researches discrepancies that may occur in the shipping and receiving process.
* Responsible for conducting yourself in a professional manner in appearance and communications at all times.
* May communicate with customers telephonically, electronically, or in person.
* Prepare required activity reports accurately and efficiently for site management.
Quality Control Responsibilities:
* The quality control functions include but are not limited to using the appropriate documentation to ensure all product and/or orders are received or shipped correctly, and accurately picked
* Will verify products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies. Will stack, package, shrink wrap, and label product(s)
* All quality control functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
* Reports inconsistencies and/or problems to the Operations Supervisor or Operations Manager.
* Participates in quality meetings.
Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance:
* Knowledgeable and complies with relevant ISO standards that impact this positon, department and company.
Responsible for executing all safety protocols.
* Will accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety
* Responsible for cleanliness of warehouse
* Maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area, and assist in security of the warehouse
* Will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, and OSHA/ MSDS Standards
* Participates in safety meetings.
* Direct the operations of the warehouse work team to achieve prescribed objectives.
* Assist associates and temporary labor in the completion of productivity sheets and accurate capture of production and payroll hours.
* Assist Supervisor in maintaining the level of employees consistent with a productive workforce.
* Participate in establishing work schedules.
* Ensure that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
* Assist the Operations Supervisor in ensuring that all associates handle product according to all prescribed quality procedures and guidelines.
Responsibility and Authority:
* Participates in department meetings.
* Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system; to identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system; to initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
* All non-conformities are to be immediately brought to the attention of the Quality Department
* In performing assigned duties the equipment used can include but is not limited to: sit-down, stand-up, reach truck, sweeper scrubber, scissor lift, cherry picker, Aisle Master or pallet jack.
* Associates are responsible for the upkeep of equipment and reporting of equipment problems.
* On a daily basis, associates will inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
* Associates will operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
* Associates must maintain an active forklift certification.
* Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as assigned.
* Operations Lead may perform other clerical and administrative tasks as guided by site management to include, but not limited to answering telephones, scheduling, appointments, greeting visitors, filing and record keeping.
* Willing to work evenings and weekends as needed.
* Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* 1 year experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment.
* Able to operate MHE
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
* Satisfactory completion of a forklift training program
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Basic computer skills
* RF Scanners
* WMS functions
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products.
* Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner.
* Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance
* Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with all levels of the organization
* Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
* 2-4 years experience working in a warehouse/logistics/distribution environment
* 2-4 years forklift experience.
* Current or prior MHE certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to lift in excess of 40 lbs while following proper lifting procedures. Must be able to stand on feet for extended periods.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV - Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services - as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we'll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career. Read more at www.dsv.com#06022021