Shift Lead/Key Holder - Burbank, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you ready to get your start in leadership? If you love mentoring others, have an eagle's eye for detail, are obsessed with providing amazing service to your customers, and thrive in a fast paced environment, then we have the leadership role you've been dreaming of- Drybar Shift Lead!
We are Drybar, a blow dry bar, and we set out to shake up the beauty industry in our own, specialty way. We believe in doing one thing and being the best at it. For us, that's blowouts. In fact, our tagline says it best: No cuts. No color. Just blowouts. What started with one shop in Brentwood, CA has grown to over 125 locations across 30 markets, with more to come.
Drybar is a fun, fast paced, and most important, team focused environment. The Drybar Shift Leader position is one of the in-shop leadership roles in a Drybar shop location. The Shift Lead upholds Drybar standards, leads the client experience and supervises shift operations. In addition, Shift Leaders manage supply levels, train new front desk (Bartenders) team members and are capable of fulfilling other nonexempt roles in the shop as needed. This role is an incredible opportunity to begin refining your leadership capabilities with a growing brand! Shift Leads are the first group we turn to when we look to fill a Shop Manager role, making this more than just a job. It's the chance to take your career to new heights!
Before you submit your application, we welcome you to learn about our 10 Core Values, the Heart & Soul of Drybar:
Here is what Drybar Shift Lead (Shift Lead / Keyholders) are responsible for each day:
* Lead client experience from check in to check out ensuring Drybar standards are upheld.
* Lead team member responsibilities: assign clients to Stylists, delegate tasks to Front Desk Receptionists and Stylists, execute meal period and break schedule.
* Monitor shop inventory: regularly checks back bar and retail supplies, places orders when needed to meet supply level standards. May assist with stocking product, tools and supplies. May support inventory management at the direction of Shop Manager.
* Trains new Bartenders: thoroughly educates new Front Desk Receptionists on Booker, Drybar's 10 Core Values, and Bartender Non-Negotiable in order to set up new hire for success in the role.
* Ensures that all company procedures and policies, federal, state and local regulations are followed.
* Ensures adherence to Drybar's Timekeeping Policy and Supervisor Policy Addendum. Responsible for reporting all time worked for self and others, including any work performed off shop premises, in a timely fashion to immediate supervisor (Shop Manager / District Manager).
* Supports shop staff with positive morale approach. Implements problem solving strategies and brings any serious issues to Shop Manager and District Manager or Human Resources such as potential concerns/complaints, notice of the need for leave of absence, notice of team member work-related illness/injury, safety hazards, company policy and/or federal/state/local law violations.
* Maintains awareness around promotion and merchandising content.
* Responsible for providing the front desk with weekly Pipeline information.
* Thorough understanding of team member handbook and all company policies, processes and procedures.
* May perform responsibilities as Stylist (if licensed & trained) and Bartender, as necessary.
* Supervises shop staff on any given shift assigned: Bartenders and Stylists.
* May assist Shop Manager with administrative tasks and reporting. Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for in our Shift Leads:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 1+ Years Experience in a fast paced retail, restaurant, beauty, or hospitality setting.
* Cosmetology license preferred but not required.
* Proven ability to lead others.
* Commitment and dedication to customer service.
* Understand basic loss prevention for audit purposes.
* Understands inventory control.
* Relates to all kinds of people, clients, vendors and coworkers in order to manage situations to positive outcome.
* Establishes amazing peer relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems.
* Great time management. Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently, values time, concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities.
* Is comfortable delegating routine and important tasks.
* Motivated, enthusiastic and reliable.
* Drybar follows all applicable federal, state and local laws in regards to background checks.