Business Development Associate
Employment Type: Full-Time
A Business Development Associate is responsible for physician/provider outreach, education and engagement.. In accordance with enterprise and local strategic priorities, this role will establish and foster outreach efforts with physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, practice managers, schedulers and/or local EMS providers to support the growth and development of the Tenet hospital(s) and service lines, including outpatient services. Depending on market needs and leadership direction, this role entails the education of physicians, medical directors, administrators, nurse practitioners, practice managers, and/or schedulers on our portfolio of services and other differentiators, as well as resolving client concerns related to our services. The objective is to increase the selection of our hospital and outpatient services by primary care and specialty providers and/or non-Tenet health care facilities.
All provider engagement, and work, to be done in accordance with the Companyâs Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures, particularly those involving referral source arrangements.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for planning and conducting in-person visits, predominantly focused on key stakeholders across community-based physician groups and/or non-Tenet acute care facilities throughout the defined market service area, in an effort to increase selection of hospital/market services. This role will receive ongoing guidance from the hospital CEO and CSO on providers of focus and productivity expectations.
* Evaluate and interpret current physician referral patterns and trends for market facilitiesâ service lines, ensuring understanding of market dynamics.
* Research portfolio of assigned providers to understand the decision making behind hospital selection. This information should inform provider engagement.
* Conduct face-to-face sales meetings with clients ensuring through understanding of the service line attributes, processes and outcomes to consumers.
* Complete follow-up meetings to ensure internal and external obstacles to growth and retention are identified and minimized.
* Communicate feedback from clients and partner with the appropriate market/hospital resources to resolve issues to better serve our patients and provider partners.
* Prepare and present sales reports, identifying trends, lessons learned, opportunities and areas for improvement to achieve market goals.
* Continuously modify and execute business development tactics to ensure optimal business outcomes, based on feedback from clients and facility leaders.
* Maintain latest knowledge of the health system, hospital and provider landscape, relevant to your specialization, in your defined market service area.
* Document all client engagement in a timely manner on a daily basis in the defined CRM tool, including outcomes and required follow-up.
* Support the implementation of key initiatives that require relevant network development, as directed by the CSO and CEO.
* Perform all duties with consistently high ethical standards and strict adherence to company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree preferred
At least 3 years of experience in a field related to health system physician relations, pharmaceuticals, or medical devices
* Exhibited success in a marketing/sales role
* Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills
* Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to travel up to 5% of time
Primary Location: San Ramon, California
Facility: 984-Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâs or employeeâs race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.