Database Analyst / Programmer - Intermediate
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job ID: 99855
The Leonardo DRS Global Enterprise Solutions business delivers world-class mission-critical satellite communications and security solutions with unmatched reliability and support anywhere in the world.
Opportunity Summary - This position is contingent upon contract Award
LOCATION: Coronado, CA
Description: Under general supervision, designs, implements, and maintains moderately complex databases. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries and integration of systems through database design. Competent to work on most phases of database administration, but may require some instruction and guidance in other phases.
* Design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability
* Responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software
* Assist in the installation, configuration and upgrade of database server software and related products
* Assist with the design, coding, and scheduling of scripts/jobs to update, maintain, or transfer databases and simplify data entry for users
* Collect metrics to analyze performance, and identify trends and improvement opportunities
* Perform periodic maintenance on assigned databases
* Conduct performance analyses, diagnose problems, and tune databases to optimize efficiency and effectiveness
* Investigate errors and assist in problem diagnosis and solution development
* Maintain data security by setting permissions and enforcing access controls
* Help devise, develop, test, maintain, and implement disaster recovery and archive procedures
* Maintain documentation including, but not limited to, startup/shutdown, installation, backup and recovery procedures
* Confer with colleagues on compatibility issues and upgrades
* Coordinate with end users and technical staff to implement and maintain systems that utilize industry best practices to meet business objectives, while maintaining the security and integrity of the data, system and network
* Generate metrics, project status reports and operating status reports for management and team members
* Provide service desk and technical support to users
* Perform routine problem analysis and resolution design for systems and applications
* Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Job Responsibilities Part II
* AA w/7+ yrs. OR BA/BS Degree and/or 5+ years of relevant experience, prefer degree in Computer Science.
* Understanding of and/or experience with database design principles and maintenance procedures
* Knowledge of how to maintain database systems
* Understanding of current principles and practices of managing database systems and ability to modify and maintain databases for specific user requirements
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills Rev January 2018 Administrator I Database
* Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team-oriented environment
* Ability to successfully interact with other IT professionals and end-users
* Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
* Is open and responsive to change and demonstrates a commitment to the process of continuous improvement by identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers
* Active U.S. Government Department of Defense (DoD) Secret level security clearance
#CA #CS #EKMS
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To build shareholder value through a commitment to high ethical standards and a superior performance culture focused on customers, employees, financial results and corporate citizenship.
To be the leading mid-tier defense technology company in the U.S.
Our employees appreciate a culture of open honest communications, and fair and equitable treatment. We accomplish through:
INTEGRITY. At Leonardo DRS ethics and accountability always comes first.
QUALITY. We set high standards of performance, and consistently deliver excellent products and services.
CUSTOMER FOCUS. We go above and beyond to meet customer needs, and work to create long-term relationships with our customers.
DIVERSITY. We embrace different points of view, and continually foster an environment that enable all participants to contribute to their full potential.
INNOVATION. At Leonardo DRS, innovation is in our DNA. We have built this company through the innovative ideas of our employees and continue to foster an environment that rewards new ideas to help our government and military customers save lives, solve critical problems and modernize to ensure mission success for years to come.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is committed
to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. We are committed to building a workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. At Leonardo DRS, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment makes us a stronger Company. We embrace different points of view, respect one another in the workplace, and understand that an inclusive environment furthers creativity, innovation, and business performance.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com