Senior Manager, Head of Sustainability
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Team
The Public Policy team is a fast-growing, dynamic, collaborative group working to help Dashers, local businesses, and cities thrive, from creating new protections and benefits for workers, to supporting small businesses and nonprofits through programs and partnerships that increase access to opportunity, to advocating for policies that support our communities, to working across the business to incorporate new approaches that further our mission of growing and empowering local economies.
About the Role
We're looking for someone to lead sustainability at DoorDash. You'll oversee DoorDash's carbon impact, you'll design and launch sustainability programs cross-functionally, and will work with our Policy and Communications team to promote our sustainability narrative and advocacy both within and beyond our company.
You'll build from scratch, while using existing groundwork such as our climate data, covering topics across climate, waste, water, and more. While prioritization and focus will be key, you'll have the chance to touch every corner of the organization and make a tremendous impact on our business and industry, powering more local economic growth with less environmental cost.
You will report into the Head of Social Impact on our Public Policy team in our broader Policy and Communications organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
* Develop DoorDash's near and long-term sustainability strategy
* Work with all partners to manage sustainability performance and reporting across the company against the goals you'll set
* Collaborate with cross-functional partners to implement your strategy and manage multiple programs that address our climate impact (hint: vehicle-related emissions account for the majority of our Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions)
* Be an expert, anticipating trends and benchmarks to determine where DoorDash should lead, and working with our Public Policy and Public Affairs team to develop policy and communications positions on key issues
* Work with teams across our markets, ensuring our sustainability strategy is informed by local and global standards
We're excited about you because…
This role on the team will require outstanding cross-functional leadership, operational, and planning skills, and a strong understanding of and ability to communicate about relevant issues in climate policy.
* You have 6+ years of experience working as an operator and leader with experience with designing, launching, and running new business markets or programs. These may not necessarily be sustainability-related.
* You have existing knowledge of, and are prepared to become an expert in, domestic and international climate and sustainability issues, frameworks, public policy, and networks.
* You have business development experience; you've cultivated partnerships or other commercial relationships to achieve an objective.
* You are a motivated, independent, and creative problem solver, experienced in building a persuasive case and shepherding important projects through an organization to get things done.
* You are an interdisciplinary and flexible partner with experience executing across diverse content areas and company departments, which may include strategy and operations, supply chain, and more.
* You have excellent written/oral skills.
* You are analytically minded and aren't afraid to dig into data to figure out the right path forward.
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users-from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce - people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.