Merchant Strategy - New Merchant Models
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Role
We're looking for a Merchant Strategy - New Merchant Models to build out new services for our merchants.
On the Merchant Strategy & Operations team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant selection, build cutting edge services for our merchants to grow their business, and help our partners operate efficiently on the platform. As the Merchant Strategy - New Merchant Models, you'll be responsible for finding ways to help our merchants grow their business through net new products & services. You'll be responsible for assessing opportunities for growth, leading experiments to find product market fit, and scaling the bets that work across our merchant base.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
* Strategize - Build the strategy to select our next bets and gain a deep knowledge of what merchants need from DoorDash
* Implement - Drive go to market planning & execution for new initiatives to help our merchants grow
* Analyze - Assess ROI of different opportunities and be a consultative advisor to merchants as they seek for guidance to help grow
* Experiment - Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgement to run tests on everything from new tests to existing business optimization
* Influence - Work cross-functionally with our Merchant Product & Ops teams to land key initiatives
* Self-starter - You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, consistently changing work environment
* Naturally curious - You always look for ways to innovate and improve
* Relentless - You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
* Relationship-builder - You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
* Problem solver - You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
We're excited about you because…
* You have 6-8 years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
* You have a proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
* You have an exceptional track record of driving revenue through partnerships
* You have expert communication and interpersonal skills
* You have excellent Excel skills; SQL knowledge strongly preferred
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users-from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce - people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.