Editorial Copywriter, Product Marketing
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Team
At DoorDash, we're building a best in class Creative Department to stand next to the biggest names in the industry. We are made up of diverse, eclectic talent. We take risks, challenge each other, and inspire new ways of thinking. We're here to do the best work of our lives.
About the Role
The Editorial Copywriter will play an integral part in pushing the brand forward with world-class copywriting output for email, social media, in-app content, our website, and more. You will report into the Editorial Team Lead.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
* Create copy introducing DoorDash new products, categories, offers, and features to all DoorDash audiences (Consumer, Dasher, and Merchant), focused on in-app and owned channels
* Execute against discrete channels (i,e, email, out of home, social, etc.)
* Flex tone while maintaining brand voice across verticles
* Write across all audiences with a focus on PMM
We're excited about you because…
* 5-7 years of creative, editorial, and/or product marketing writing experience at an agency or in house, preferably with a tech or fintech brand
* Ability to translate technical business challenges into relatable, compelling consumer-first narratives
* A compelling portfolio that proves you can write snappy headlines, clear informational copy, and words and phrases that delight
* Expertise in writing copy across ad campaigns, email, social media, product, site, and more
* Experience conducting naming exercises to create memorable impressions for new products and features
* Experience working with product marketers to refine messaging and extract key benefits and value props
* Ability to ask strategic questions and prioritize with agility
* A deep understanding of the finer points of campaigns, like CTAs, UX, and audience segmentation
* Masterful ability to flex tone of voice depending on audience and situation
* A firm grasp on content strategy and how information should be structured to achieve business goals and create a seamless user experience
* A keen eye for art direction and design and an understanding of how art and copy work together
* Excellence in all the soft skills: empathy, creativity, communication, adaptability, work ethic, resourcefulness, open-mindedness
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users-from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce - people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.