Sr. Financial Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Position leads accounting, financial reporting and financial planning & analysis activities relating to the Value-Added Business for Soledad Ready-to-Eat (RTE) Dole Plant, and Co-Pack operations. This position leads the development of the annual budget, periodic forecasting, development of insightful reporting metrics, and provide guidance and assistance to individual departments as needed for RTE-Dole and Co-Pack operations. This position provides backup to the Plant Controller as needed.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
* Prepare operating performance reports for raw material, direct and indirect labor, indirect manufacturing expenses, and applicable KPIs. Prepare Weekly VA Plant Review Package for RTE-Dole, including weekly P&L, Operations performance reporting and operational metrics. Senior Financial Analyst will be prepared to speak to, and answer questions about, RTE-Dole operations and Co-Pack operations.
* Analyze and explain operating performance variances versus Budget and Forecast, and standard.
* Assist with ad hoc analyses related to the factory on capital expenditures, operating process improvement, new product costing, etc.
* Develop and load annual MBOM standards to JDE per issued timeframe. Update and maintain MBOMs in JDE for changes to packaging as necessary.
* Support Value Added Business Sales Department with respect to the preparation and analysis of customer proformas.
* LEAD the period-end financial close process by analyzing account balances between the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers and prepare journal entries related to RTE-Dole and Co-Pack operating expenses.
* Be point person in the development and maintenance of internal financial controls for RTE-Dole and Co-Pack operations.
* Work with Materials to ensure correct accounting on all packaging and raw related transactions.
* Work with both Production and Customer Service to ensure all new SKUs and their formulas, labor, and packaging standards are incorporated in the daily production schedule.
* Develop annual budget worksheets and provide analysis to prior year actuals. Develop Total COGS for Budget for RTE-Dole and Co-Pack operations.
* Monitors and provides guidance to Production Admin and Supply Room Admins to ensure accurate operating reports for Downtime, RTE Bowl Speeds, and Operating Supply Inventories.
* Ensure that CERs are entered into LotusNotes containing proper description write up, analysis, support, and required quotes.
* Responsible for assisting General Accounting in the set-up of new Co-Packers in JDE and Mainframe system.
* Follow all Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to position.
* Support special projects and other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
* A minimum of 3 to 5 years of financial accounting or analysis experience.
* Experience in a manufacturing facility and developing operational/financial metrics.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong systems orientation with experience using MS Excel, Word and Access.
* Knowledge of J.D. Edwards or an equivalent G/L system preferred.
* Strong analytical ability with attention to detail.
* Must be a self-starter, and have the ability to work proactively and independently, with minimum supervision.
* Must have the ability to make decisions, maintain regular and acceptable attendance, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures.
* Must be a team player, with a collaborative attitude.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Internal: Operations, Materials, Maintenance, Customer Service
External: Monterey, Bessemer, and Ohio Finance
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* BA or BS Degree in Finance or Accounting, with MBA / CPA preferred
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift (including overhead) and/or up to 15 lbs..
* Able to occasionally work in a cold environment (35* on Plant floor).
WORK HOUR AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to work beyond normal business hours, weekends and some company holidays as needed.
* Will require extended hours work coverage as needed and given business environment and conditions
* Occasional travel as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.