Sr. Financial Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) supports AG operations with both historical and forward looking financial information. The SFA provides information that is both accurate and relevant for operational decision making. The SFA analyzes accounting information, provides variance explanations, and provides reporting to operations. The SFA is a lead contributor to the annual budget.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
* Provide support and manage relationships with the Operations staff from manager to SVP.
* Manage relationships with different departments to update the Sourcing Deck as needed.
* Generate monthly financial reports and report variance summary to Management.
* Compile multiple sources of information to generate an accurate Estimate / Forecast for the Period / Quarter, summarize the results and explain key variances by working with cross-functional departments in compiling relevant data and provide comprehensive Growing and Harvest cost analysis.
* Prepare necessary information for budget process for all Ag. Veg. Operations, such as preparing the budget, coordinating and attending meetings with the Finance/Operations team, and providing analytical support to variance explanation.
* Ad-hoc analysis and reports: price/volume historical analysis; production reports, profitability by grower, etc.
* Support management with financial modeling and analysis of critical information for decision making, such as KPI's, financial ratios, comparative analysis, etc.
* Measure performance of special projects (Operational Excellence) for profitability and cost efficiency.
* Coordinate presentation materials for management meetings to include financial analysis, product costing, yield analysis and providing analytical support for cost savings, revenue enhancement initiatives and labor/safety analysis.
* Participate in developing long-term strategies for operations, capital expenditure requests and special projects to improve operating performance.
* Pursue continuous improvement of existing processes to save time and create efficiency.
* Document policies and procedures as requested.
* Financial reporting support to auditors and senior management at quarter end reviews, audit, etc.
* Ensure that financial reports accurately reflect all related activity and support the finance group to ensure that all deadlines are achieved related to period end close.
* Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
* 3+ years cost financial analysis/ cost accounting experience required, preferably in agriculture.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; with responsive feedback at all times.
* Intermediate / Advance Microsoft Excel skills to include XLOOKUP, SUMPRODUCT, MATCH, INDEX, PowerPivot, Power Query and proper database management and accuracy to ensure data quality and integrity. Experience structuring data is good to have. Proactiveness and Curiosity are critical in this topic.
* Strong PC and mainframe skills including working knowledge of PowerPoint and JD Edwards software.
* Strong attention to detail and a desire to assume new responsibilities.
* Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with different departments to resolve issues, clear discrepancies, provide answers, make sense and/or clarify information requested and received from other parties.
* Ability to understand a financial statement in order to provide analytical support to Corporate and Business Operations, including variance explanations and recommendations.
* Ability to understand the business operations cost structure and provide financial support to Operations.
* Strong drive and attitude to simplify and make processes more efficient.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Strong PC and mainframe skills including working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably JD Edwards COGNOS, Grower Accounting or Showcase systems
* Spanish knowledge helpful
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
* Primary relationships are with sales, operations, agriculture, accounting and finance departments, peer group, corporate reporting, and operational personnel, and the commodity and value added sales group.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* B.A. in Accounting or Finance required
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift (including overhead) and/or up to 15 lbs.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
* Ability to work overtime, weekends, rotating shifts preferred/required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.