IP Security Engineering Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
JOB DESCRIPTION UPDATED ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2021
The world is changing as we know it. It's more important than ever that communications and entertainment services are available to users to connect wherever they may be. Here at Dolby, our mission is to enable experiences that transcend expectations and reach the spectacular. We need your creative solutions and diverse thought. The Dolby U internship program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders.
Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For any student seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, we invite you to join us in continuing to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
Dolby's Intellectual Property Protection & Enforcement (IPPE) group, located in San Francisco CA, is looking for an intern to help secure Dolby Intellectual Property (IP) through technical solutions. The challenges of using IP in an unauthorized manner affect most companies, and Dolby is no exception.
The intern will be partnered with IPPE team members to assist the IP technical security team in information gathering and research, data analysis, and validation documenting and designing new initiatives in security processes. This candidate will also gain significant experience working to validate key partners within Dolby's ecosystem. There will also be direct exposure to Dolby's technologies and licensing models, therefore requiring strong attention to detail and strong communication skills. The intern may also be asked to support other enforcement activities conducted by the IPPE team as they come up. The intern will also interact with business stakeholders and internal team members. This will be an extremely hands-on and informative internship position within Dolby.
* Understanding of different business tools to create and define security processes
* Knowledge of cryptography concepts
* Affluent in programming skills (C and C++) to handle independent development projects
* Comprehension of software reverse engineering
* Keen on learning Intellectual Property Security concepts
* Strong research methods and skills are essential for gathering intelligence and implementing it into assigned tasks
* Solid written and verbal communications skill
* Interested and excited to learn applications that are used to run the business
* Seeking candidates who are pursuing, or have recently completed, a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field. Coursework in Criminal Justice or Security Management is preferred but not required; recent grads who are within 6 months of graduation are also eligible to apply
* Must be available to work full-time Monday-Friday for 3-months between May/June 2021-August/September 2021.
* Start dates for the internship are as follows: (*note* these dates are not flexible)
* Monday, May 24, 2021
* Monday, June 14, 2021
* Monday, June 21, 2021
* COVID UPDATE: This internship will be remote until further notice. Should conditions change, and we can safely allow employees to return to our campuses, there is a possibility of returning to onsite work
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland