Compass Leadership Program - RF Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Compass Leadership Program is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who wants to get in on the ground floor as DISH enters the wireless business.
DISH Wireless is changing the way the world communicates. Our team is building a first-of-its-kind, cloud-native 5G network that will transform our nation: the way cities work and how we travel between them, how we grow our food sustainably, and what's possible in health care and education.
Are you a team player, excited to chart the unknown and willing to persevere through the toughest challenges? We're looking for individuals eager to work hard and prove themselves. Our six-month leadership program provides practical experience today and long-term potential for tomorrow, with full-time opportunities available for those who have what it takes. Be a part of history and apply today!
The program begins at our headquarters in Littleton, Colorado, with a week of intensive training, followed by six months of on-the-job experience in Littleton or in one of our field locations across the country. Those who display DISH's core values of curiosity, pride, adventure and winning will be considered for full-time employment at the close of the program. If you join our team, come prepared to work hard, move fast and disrupt the wireless industry.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Compass Program!
What you will be doing
We are seeking Radio Frequency (RF) Engineers to focus on growth and technical RF design tools, processes (i.e. Model Tuning) and RF theory (i.e propagation, antennas, link budget, etc). These candidates will be responsible for performing analytical and/or design activities related to designing and operating DISH's wireless communication systems. In this role, you will:
* Apply engineering knowledge, analytical skills and/or programming capabilities to develop new ways of working at a task level. Validate new ideas using standard processes and methods;
* Make basic contributions to proposals, reports, and presentations under the direction of a manager or a staff engineer.
Requirements - Skills and Experience
* Undergraduate level of knowledge and understanding of communication system protocols, electromagnetic theory, and statistics required.
* Preferred majors include Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Radio Frequency Engineering emphasis.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, a programming/scripting language, and database applications.
* Problem identification, organization, and resolution skills at an intermediate level.
* Previous exposure to cellular communication systems via senior design project or specific course work is preferred.
* Capability to define and develop databases including basic programming/scripting is preferred.
* Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* College degree encouraged, but not required.
You may work out of our Littleton, Colorado, headquarters or be placed in one of the markets listed below:
Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco/Oakland, Seattle, Tampa/Orlando, Washington D.C.
Pay rate: $15 per hour (overtime eligible)