Senior Data Scientist, Causal Inference
Employment Type: Full-Time
Discord is looking for an experienced, proactive and self-driven Senior Causal Inference Data Scientist to join our Growth Data Science team.
At Discord, Causal Inference Data Scientists shape how we approach inference, improve our analytical rigor and drive the accuracy of our business decisions. These Data Scientists help us make better decisions on how to grow our user base, how to fast-track new users to discover Discord's value, and how to retain our existing user base.
Our team directly impacts the strategy and roadmaps that improve Discord for its more than 150M (and many more future) users! If helping make Discord an even better place to hang out with your friends and communities sounds like an exciting challenge - we'd love to chat with you!
* Partner with Data Scientists and Growth PMs to understand our key business questions and map our causal inference needs.
* Develop, deploy and socialize frameworks for causal inference in AB testing, Quasi Experiments, and no experiments environments.
* Champion experiment design (including A?B, Geo, Social Graph) and partner with Data Platform on how we should revamp our experimentation platform.
* Deliver complex analyses that require causal inference methods to be addressed rigorously.
* Conduct literature reviews, socialize and deploy best statistical practices for Causal Inference across Discord, Experimentation, and Data science.
* Train and empower our Data Science personnel to use more rigorous causal inference methods.
You have (not hard qualifications - if you're not sure, please apply!):
* PhD in a quantitative field and 4+ years of experience in experimentation / causal inference or related field.
* Track record in using causal inference methods that translated into business decisions and outcomes.
* Experience in autonomously leading cross functional projects and influencing cross functional partners.
* Proficient with Python / R, SQL, and other statistical programming languages.
* Passion for Discord or online communities.
* Experience with experimentation for social media or international subscription-based online services.
* Experience with driving changes in experimentation platforms.
* Causal inference related publications.
Benefits and Perks
* Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental, and Vision (Plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
* Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
* 19+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
* Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
* Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we're all remote)
* Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
* A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
* Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests - from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we're building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!