Surgical Technologist II
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital is a 426 bed acute care medical center offering a full range of services including the Sarvanand Heart and Brain Center, Grossman Burn Center at Memorial Hospital, expanded maternity and family care, the Lauren Small Children's Center, orthopedic services, wound care center, 24-hour emergency care and general/outpatient surgery. Memorial Hospital is a Children's Miracle Network Hospital and is home to the Bakersfield Ronald McDonald House. Memorial Hospital is a member of Dignity Health and is a trusted community partner, serving residents of Bakersfield and Kern County with quality, compassionate care since 1956. Learn more by visiting Bakersfield Memorial Hospital.
The Surgical Technologist (ST) is an integral component of the surgery team providing expertise of scrubbing. The ST works closely with the Registered Nurse in planning for and providing care to the operative patient, and in meeting the needs of the surgeon. Provides appropriate patient care according to the age of the patient, specifically: neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. Responsible for maintaining patient confidentiality as per Administrative Policy. Assists in the maintenance of safe and clean environment. All activities are under the supervisor of the licensed nurse and/or licensed practitioner.
* Successful completion of a Surgical Tech program required or 15 years of recent continuous experience in lieu of Surgical Tech Program
* Can scrub, set up and maintain a sterile field and perform the duties of a Surgical Technologist for all surgery specialties
* Must have the ability to read, write and speak English.
* BLS certification, AHA required.
* Certification of Surgical Technologist preferred but not required.
* Surgical scrubbing experience preferred.