Employment Type: Full-Time
Founded as a faith-based hospital in 1923 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, Dignity Health - St. Mary Medical Center is a 389-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in Long Beach, California. The hospital offers a full complement of services, including a Level II trauma center, cardiac and vascular center, surgical weight loss, maternity and the CARE Center, which is a recognized PrEP center of excellence. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation's five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/stmarymedical for more information.
The Surgical Technician performs selected procedures and related duties under the direct supervision of the Registered Nursing personnel in the Operating Room.
* Previous scrub experiences and has passed a surgical technician course.
* Required High School diploma or equivalent.
* Graduate of a surgical technology program accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
* Certification by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) Preferred
* Basic Life Support -AHA, CT CST, Surgical Technologist