Nursing Float Pool RN ICU
Employment Type: Full-Time
Dignity Health, one of the nation's largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charitable care and community services. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
The incumbent is a professional who provides and supervises care to individuals and families. Utilizing a holistic approach, the incumbent provides patient and family care based on the nursing process and consistently provides a safe and confidential environment throughout the delivery of care. As a professional, the incumbent is responsible for providing leadership and maintaining personal professional development. Incumbents in this position are expected to be assigned shifts in any of the five Sacramento facilities including Mercy San Juan, Mercy Hospital of Folsom, Methodist Hospital, Mercy General Hospital and WHC.
On-call may be required.
* Associate degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing required.
* Current California RN license required.
* Three years of nursing experience specific to the area of specialty within an acute care hospital required.
* Current BLS certification required (must be certified through the American Heart Association.
* Department-specific required certifications:
* ICU/PCU: ACLS, BLS, and NIHSS
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.