Employment Type: Full-Time
At Dignity Health, we believe in the healing power of kindness. Since 1912, we have been giving something forward to the people of Oxnard, California. St. John's Regional Medical Center is a 266-bed facility employing more than 1,200 caring professionals and a medical staff of more than 600 active physicians. We offer a 23-bed acute rehabilitation center, and provide a wide array of programs and services that include oncology, cardiovascular, maternity care, orthopedic, weight loss surgery, spinal disease treatment, community outreach and more.
Our passion for inspiring a stronger, healthier world compels us to lead with our hearts as we serve the community of Oxnard. One of the most beautiful areas in the country, Oxnard is nestled between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, and offers residents spectacular beaches, clean air and open spaces, as well as easy access to California wine country. We invite you to join us in delivering humankindness, one person at time.
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, a monitor technician provides clerical support to the nursing department, provides continuous observation of telemetry monitors to identify normal and abnormal rhythm, and seeks appropriate intervention necessary to ensure patient safety.
This position is represented by SEIU, Local UHW and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement
* High School education or equivalency
* Successful completion of basic arrhythmia course and successful completion of a unit clerk training course or equivalent experience in an on-the-job orientation
* Completion of basic arrhythmia course.
* Internal basic arrhythmia and lethal arrhythmia assessment test with a score of 85% or better.
* Current CPR/BLS certification
* A minimum of six(6) months recent acute care experience as a unit clerk preferred
* Previous computer and or electronic health record experience preferred
* Basic EKE course certification preferred